Ashley Kilbane

Office:  Cuyahoga County – Cuyahoga County Court of Common Pleas, General Division

Residence: Rocky River, OH

Email: N/A

Website: Kilbane4Judge.com; Instagram: @ashleykilbaneforjudge; Facebook: @KilbaneForJudge

Occupation: Assistant Cuyahoga County Prosecutor – Felony Division

Education: J.D. John Marshall Law School, Intellectual Certificate; B.A. Legal Studies, University of Wisconsin-Madison, Criminal Justice Certificate

Work Experience: Cuyahoga County Prosecutor’s Office, Prosecutor, 2013 – current; Litigation Associate, Porter Wright Morris & Arthur, Cleveland, 2009-2013; Illinois Attorney General’s Office, 2008

Family: Married with Identical Twin Girls

Affiliations: Domestic Violence & Child Advocacy Center: trained and certified volunteer; Pro-Bono Attorney for City Club of Cleveland; West Shore Bar Association: Former Trustee, Former Treasurer; Ohio Women’s Bar Association- Member and Mentor; West Shore Mothers of Multiples, Member

Endorsements: The Plain Dealer http://www.cleveland.com/opinion/index.ssf/2018/04/ashley_kilbane_for_cuyahoga_co.html

Bar Association Ratings: Highest-Rated in Race, See https://www.judge4yourself.com/judicial-candidate-ratings/

(1) List your judicial experience (courts and years):

N/A

Criminal: I am an experienced trial attorney in this court and have handled over 2,000 criminal cases, including murder, rape, child victim and other sexual assault cases, economic crime and public corruption, burglary, robbery, drive-by shootings, felonious assault, domestic violence, drug trafficking and abuse, and theft. I am also experienced in practicing in specialized dockets such as mental health docket courtrooms.

Being in the court every day, I have the institutional knowledge of the day-to-day administration as well as all the programming offered through the court. Civil: litigation attorney with large Cleveland firm handling general litigation matters including but not limited to contract, real estate, intellectual property/trade secret, environmental, employment, bankruptcy and Fair Debt Collection cases. I also represented the government in several areas of law including civil rights, criminal appeals, labor and employment, tort, and guardianship cases.

I am running for Judge to change the way our community and our court responds to Domestic Violence. Domestic violence is the most frequent call for police service in Cuyahoga County. Violence in the home is extremely difficult to overcome and address in our courts because of the complex emotional, intimate and economic dependency issues that surround it. My goal is to start a specialized Domestic Violence Docket to put more resources to work for our families. I am uniquely qualified to accomplish this goal through my certification as a trained domestic violence volunteer, and as an experienced prosecutor handling domestic violence cases daily.

As an assistant county prosecutor, I prosecute some of the most violent crimes that plague our neighborhoods and understand the crime, drug, and gun issues facing our community. I know the difference between providing the tools necessary for non-violent offenders to become productive citizens and removing those who commit violent offenses.

As an experienced civil litigator in a large firm, and as someone who grew up in a small, family-run business, I know how important civil cases are to the vitality of our community. Litigation creates uncertainty in our local businesses, which in-turn stalls investment, growth, and job creation. I have the experience and the work ethic to diligently handle both the civil and criminal dockets. My background in both civil and criminal law has given me the necessary experience to be an effective judge in our community; my passion and commitment to both legal and social justice make me the right choice.