Andy Ginella

Office: Massillon Municipal Court

Residence: Canton, OH

Email: GinellaforJudge@gmail.com

Website: GinellaforJudge.com

Occupation: Attorney, private practice

Education: Juris Doctor, University of Akron, 1992; B.A. Accounting, University of Akron, 1986; Associate Degree, Criminal Justice, University of Akron, 1982; Certified, Ohio Police Officer Academy 1980

Work Experience: 10 years of combined Common Pleas and Municipal Court experience, private practice Attorney for 25 years, and a plumber’s apprentice through Local 94 for Spino & Co. as I worked my way through college.

Family: Married with 3 adult children

Affiliations: Domestic Violence, Board Member;  Ohio Stark County Farm Bureau, Member;  Schalmo Family Canal Fulton YMCA, Board Member;   Northwest Stark Senior Citizens Center, Current Advisor & Volunteer/Former Board Member; Massillon Chamber of Commerce, Member;  Canton Regional Chamber of Commerce Jackson-Belden office, Member; Unique Club of Stark County, Member & Scholarship Committee Member; Stark County Bar Association, Member;  Ohio State Bar Association, Member;  National Italian American Bar Association, Member;   Elder Law Committee SCBA, Member;  Municipal Court Committee SCBA, Member; Heartland Behavioral State Institution, appointed counsel for patients; Portage Lakes Vocational School Criminal Justice Program in Summit County Former Advisory Board Member;-Knights of Columbus, Member; Stark County Catholic School/Holy Cross Academy, Board Member; Catholic Schools Education Development Committee, Board Member; MS Conversanese Italian Club of Akron, Ohio, Member;  Sts. Philip & James Catholic Church Finance Committee, Board Member, Legal Advisor, and Finance Committee Member / Former President of the Finance Committee, Former Parish Council Member, and Former Renovation Committee Member; Boy Scouts of America Buckeye Council, Volunteer Troup 94 in Canal Fulton;  Northwest Jackson Soccer League, Former Soccer Coach;  Building Industry Association of Stark County, Member; Stark County 4-H Club, Current Volunteer

Endorsements: AFL-CIO Hall of Fame Central Labor Council, Votes for Women, and WestStark Republican Women’s Oganization

(1) List your judicial experience (courts and years):
Judicial Law Clerk/Magistrate for Judge V. Lee Sinclair in the Stark County Court of Common Pleas, 1995-1997 Worked for numerous Canton Municipal Court Judges, 1990-1995 Personal Bailiff/Judicial Law Clerk for Municipal Court Judge Anthony Flex, 1986-1990

I have dedicated and invested my time in our community for over 30 years volunteering with multiple organizations and serving on numerous boards, such as the Portage Lakes Vocational Law Enforcement Training Board, Domestic Violence Board, Northwest Stark Center, etc. Coupled with my 25 years experience representing business owners, landlords, tenants, and individuals that make up our community, of which I am also a business owner and a landlord, has provided me firsthand knowledge and experience, as well as a clear perspective of the court’s role and the impact on the individual appearing before the court, and the affect it has on our community.

Because, I want to keep our community safe and continue making lasting positive changes in our community and strengthen the bond between the courts and the individuals it serves. Because, my deep roots to the community and extensive community involvement stem from my passion to initiate change and my desire to help others and see them overcome and succeed. Because, I will hold those that appear before the court accountable while dispensing justice with fairness and compassion, which I learned from the 10 years of experience working for several Judges in the Stark County Common Pleas and Municipal Court, as well as professionally advocating and assisting individuals for the past 25 years. Because, my combined firsthand experience, knowledge and understanding of the community provides me with a clear perspective of the court’s role and the impact on the individual appearing before the court, and the affect it has on our community, which enables me to better serve the people and the needs of our community, and continue to make lasting, positive changes in our community.