Carol Ann Robb

Office: For Judge of the Seventh District Court of Appeals
Full Term Beginning 2/9/2021

Residence: New Waterford

Email: robb46033@comcast.net

Website: www.seventh.courts.state.oh.us

Social Media: 

Occupation: Judge for 7th District Court of Appeals

Education: J.D. from University of Akron

Work Experience: Practicing Attorney 1983-2001

Family: Married with 3 adult children

Affiliations: Trustee for Columbiana Community Foundation; active member of Farm Bureau; member of United Methodist Church

Endorsements: Being unopposed, no endorsements were sought. However, endorsed by the Ohio Association of Public School Employees

Bar Association Ratings: 

Magistrate for Columbiana County Common Pleas Court from 2001-2005 Judge for Columbiana County Municipal Court from 2005-2015 Judge for 7th District Court of Appeals from 2015 to date

I had the privilege of working as a clerk for the law firm of Roth, Stephens, & Blair, LPA while attending law school. This was a perfect opportunity to see the practical application of the law being learned in the classroom. After I was admitted to the Bar in 1983, I became an associate of the law firm where I practiced for four years. My association with the law firm provided extensive experience in probate law, family law, business law, real estate law, civil litigation, and appellate cases arguing before the Court of Appeals I now serve. Working with experienced litigators and attorneys highly respected in their areas of practice provided extensive experience in these areas.

Upon opening my own practice in 1987, I continued to practice in these civil areas. While in private practice, I was often asked to serve on an arbitration panel, frequently as the Chief Arbitrator because of my reputation of being fair and reasonable. Recognizing the importance of the growing alternative resolution field, I became a certified mediator in general law and domestic relations. All of these skills and experiences have been brought to each bench I have had the privilege to serve.

It is my desire to continue to serve the people of the 7th District. Our district is comprised of eight counties: Mahoning, Columbiana, Carroll, Jefferson, Harrison, Belmont, Monroe, and Noble. In 2014, I was elected to serve as judge for the 7th District Court of Appeals. It was an historical event. The last judge to serve on the 7th District Court of Appeals from Columbiana County was first elected in 1917. My addition to the Court brings trial court judicial experience and as well as extensive experience in civil practice. But it also brings a different individual perspective. I grew up in northern Columbiana County and live on a farm. My husband and I started successful family businesses, the last of which was sold in 2010.

By nature, I am an entrepreneur. With that entrepreneur spirit, my co-Magistrate and I developed protocol for hair follicle testing by the adult probation department in Columbiana County.

As a Municipal Court Judge, I started the first specialty docket in Columbiana County and the first Mental Health docket certified by the Ohio Supreme Court. Recognizing the barriers people from generational poverty face in the judicial system, my staff and I developed Defendant’s Getting Ahead which was adopted by eleven other counties in Ohio by the time I left the trial court bench in 2015. Because of these innovative programs, I mentored trial court judges in Ohio as well as from other states. It has been my privilege to serve the 7th District. I am thankful for the opportunity to continue that service.