Categories
Uncategorized

Chris B. Epley

Chris Epley, candidate for Second District Court of Appeals

Office: For Judge of the Second District Court of Appeals
Term Beginning 2/9/2021

Residence: Dayton

Email:  chris@chrisepleylaw.com

Website: http://www.electepley.com

Social Media:  Facebook: Chris Epley for Court of Appeals

Occupation: Attorney

Education:  JD from University of Dayton School of Law; BA Denison University

Work Experience: Lawyer, Assistant Proscutor, Part-time Magistrate, Adjunct Professor at UD

Family: Married to Eileen Epley. Two children – Jack Epley (16) and Lily Epley (14)

Affiliations: Rotary club/city council member/Ohio and Dayton Bar Associations

Endorsements: 

Bar Association Ratings: 

(1) List your judicial experience (courts and years)
Dayton Municipal Court Magistrate: 2009 – present (part-time)

Recognizing that a Judge is an impartial arbiter in cases that come before the Court, it is an important leadership position in the community.

I have worked collaboratively, yet independently, as a former elected member of a local school board and current member of city council. I am committed to the legal profession by serving as a life fellow in both the Dayton and Ohio Bar Associations. I have held a leadership position with the Dayton Bar (Treasurer) and the Oakwood Rotary Club (Secretary).

I graduated from the University of Dayton School of Law and remain active in that academic community. In the past I was involved UD’s volunteer income tax assistance program, an adjunct professor in family law, and a member of the law school alumni association. I currently teach at the school and I am involved in the moot court program. These commitments to the local community, legal community, and academic community have offered me important leadership opportunities.

My general law practice has provided me immeasurable non-judicial legal experience. I have practiced in many courts throughout the Second District Court of Appeals jurisdiction. I have observed excellent jurists in the past twenty years of my practice. The Court of Appeals handles different types of cases and disputes. Having a varied and diverse legal experience is important to the role of Court of Appeals Judge. It is these non-judicial legal experiences and leadership positions that qualify me to be a judge.

I was born and raised in the Miami Valley and I am committed to the community. My wife, Eileen Epley, and I raise our two children here. Safety and opportunity are important to us as parents.

In addition to serving as a part-time Magistrate in Dayton Municipal Court and the prosecutor’s office in Vandalia, I have practiced in all six counties that make up the Second District Court of Appeals. I have represented clients in civil, criminal, probate, and family law courts. I teach Appellate Practice and Procedure at the University of Dayton School of Law and I serve as the chief appellate prosecutor for the Vandalia prosecutor’s office. These practice areas have provided me with a unique and necessary perspective for the position of Court of Appeals Judge. I have a strong work ethic. I balanced academics and athletics at Denison University as a four year varsity soccer player.

I am running for Court of Appeals Judge because of my past and present commitment to the communities the Court serves and the community where I live and raise my children. I believe it to be an important role and the reason I am running to be Court of Appeals Judge.