Categories
Uncategorized

David Engler

Office: For Judge of the Mahoning County Court of Common Pleas, Probate Division
Full Term Beginning 2/9/2021

Residence: Youngstown

Email: davidengler@davidengler.com

Website: 

Social Media: 

Occupation: Attorney

Education: J.D. from Case Western Reserve University

Work Experience: Former Mahoning County Commissioner, Youngstown City Councilman, Mahoning County School Board (20 yrs), Attorney at Law, CEO of LightGov, the country’s largest provider of guardianship software

Family: Single with Three children and Two Grandchildren

Affiliations: Crossroads Church, Trumbull County Bar Association, Mahoning County Bar Association

Endorsements: Not available at this time

Bar Association Ratings: Not available at this time

(1) List your judicial experience (courts and years)
I have not served in a judicial capacity but have been a hearing officer for The Youngstown Water Department and Youngstown Clerk of Courts for approximately 18 years.

I have been among the most active attorneys in Mahoning and Trumbull Counties for 35 years. I have handled successfully probate litigation which is among the most contentious court fights that exist. I have developed software that is used across the country by governments and not for profits operating guardianships and Social Security representative-payee programs. I have been a life long advocate for the needs of senior citizens both as a lawyer and elected official; protecting them from financial fraud and physical abuse. I have practiced in 30 county courts of common pleas throughout the State and five federal district courts and appellate courts In addition I have briefed matters both to the Ohio Supreme Court and United States Supreme Court. My experience is much broader and diverse than my opponent’s.

I want to assure that the court is operated pursuant to the law and free of cronyism. Every person that comes to the court will receive fair and expedient justice. I want to particularly make sure no one thinks they can take advantage of a senior whether they are under a guardianship or after death.