Denise Moody

Office: Clark County Municipal Court

Residence: Springfield, OH

Email: N/A

Website: N/A

Occupation: Judge

Education: J.D.-University of Toledo, B.A.-Bowling Green State University

Work Experience: Judge, Assistant Prosecutor

Family: Married, with a blended family of seven children and eight grandchildren

Affiliations: Supreme Court of Ohio Board of Commissioners on Character and Fitness; Supreme Court Advisory Committee on Interpretive Services; Association of Municipal and County Court Judges of Ohio, first vice-president; Ohio State Bar Association, past representative to its Board of Governors; Clark County Bar Association, past vice-president; past president of Big Brothers Big Sisters of Clark County; past President of National Trail Parks and Recreation District; Mercy Health Foundation board member; coach, Springfield High School Mock Trial; instructor, Springfield Citizen Police Academy tion;

Endorsements: N/A

Bar Association Ratings: N/A

(1) List your judicial experience (courts and years):
I have served in the Clark County Municipal Court since 2003. Prior to taking the bench, I served as an assistant prosecutor for the City of Springfield for twelve years. I began my career as an assistant prosecuting attorney in Champaign County, Ohio.

My years as an assistant prosecutor trying all levels of criminal cases, in addition to representing county officials in civil legal matters, prepared me for the work of being a judge in a trial court. Additionally, my time as an assistant prosecutor with the City of Springfield prepared for the fast pace of the Municipal Court.

As I already indicated, I have served in the Municipal Court since 2003 and I hope to continue to administer justice fairly and impartially. In February 2016, in response to the opiate epidemic, the Court created an intensive supervision probation program, which incorporated medication assisted treatment, along with in-patient and out-patient programming, to address the issue of addiction. We have built solid relationships with community partners working to combat addiction. To date, we have seen a significant number of individuals get and stay clean for extended periods. Those folks have gone on to obtain employment, housing, a driver’s license; all of the tools essential to becoming contributing members of their community. Our partnerships extend beyond those entities working to address addiction issues and include those working to address other issues, domestic violence, for example. I look forward to continuing this work and building on our successes.