Elisa Hill

Office: Akron Municipal Court

Residence: Akron, OH

Email: hillcampaign1@gmail.com

Website: www.elisahillforjudge.com

Occupation: Magistrate/Judicial Attorney: Summit County Domestic Relations Court

Education: BA, Political Science, Kent State University 1994; JD, University of Akron School of Law, 1997

Work Experience: Assistant Prosecutor/Police Legal Advisor: City of Akron Prosecutor’s Office

Family: Married with two children

Affiliations: Akron/Canton Barristers Association, Akron Bar Association, Ohio Association of Magistrates E

Bar Association Ratings:  Akron Bar Association: Excellent Rating: 8/22/19

(1) List your judicial experience (courts and years):
Magistrate and Judicial Attorney for Judge Katarina Court – Summit County Domestic Relations Court – 2 years Assistant Prosecutor and Police Legal Advisor – City of Akron Prosecutor’s Office – prosecuted cases in Akron Municipal court -18 years.

I come from a middle class family with strong family values. My father was a carpenter and my mother was a seamstress. They instilled in me at a young age the importance of work and treating others with respect. I worked while in high school, college and law school. As a young law student, I worked for the Honorable Judge James R. Williams as his Judicial Assistant. My experience working for Judge Williams included both criminal and civil law. As an Assistant Prosecutor for the City of Akron, I handled over 15,000 misdemeanor criminal and traffic cases. I worked daily in Akron Municipal Court to ensure that the victims were treated fairly and the offenders were brought to justice. I treated all individuals that appeared in Akron Municipal Court with dignity and respect. I worked closely with local law enforcement officers and local defense attorneys throughout my years as a prosecutor. I served as the prosecutor in five of the specialty courts that were in existence during my tenure in Akron Municipal Court. In addition, I wrote the grant for the Domestic Violence Unit for almost fifteen years. I also supervised two detectives while I served as the Domestic Violence Prosecutor. My 18 years of working as a prosecutor in Akron Municipal Court have provided me with the background necessary to serve as your judge. I have interacted with law enforcement, attorneys, victims, defendants, court personnel, judges and my fellow co-workers in the prosecutor’s office. I have treated all of these individuals with respect. My temperament has always been even, calm and civil. I have been known to be extremely patient with parties unfamiliar with the courtroom. In addition, I am a strong supporter of an efficient courtroom that runs in a timely manner. A party to a case takes time out of their schedule to attend court. Therefore, court should start on time so that the attorney is able to attend their subsequent court appearance and the defendant, victim or witness may get back to work or school. I have worked in Akron Municipal Court for 18 years and those many years of experience qualify me to be your judge.  

I am running for this particular court seat because I have 18 years of experience working as a Prosecutor in Akron Municipal Court. I have worked closely with our local law enforcement as the City of Akron Prosecutor’s Office Police Legal Advisor for the Akron Municipal Court jurisdiction. This jurisdiction includes Akron, Bath, Fairlawn, Springfield, Lakemore, Mogadore and Richfield. I have provided legal advice to all of the law enforcement in these jurisdictions and I have written many search warrants on felony cases, including homicides, rapes and aggravated robbery. I have observed many judges over the years and have aspired to follow in the footsteps of the highly respected judges of Akron Municipal Court. Judges Lynne Callahan and Carla Moore were two judges who served for many years in Akron Municipal Court and were well-respected by many. Their reputations for fairness, thoughtfulness, and courtesy were well-known in the Akron Municipal Court. It is judges like these two, and many others, that I strive to be like when I am your next Akron Municipal Court Judge. In addition, I have over two decades of legal experience and received a rating of “Excellent” from the Akron Bar Association. My current role as a Magistrate in Domestic Relations Court has provided me with invaluable experience in the courtroom. I have presided over Uncontested Divorce hearings and Dissolutions. I have learned to conduct myself in an efficient and polite manner. Many parties that appear in Domestic Relations Court are self-represented. My temperament with all parties is even and patient. I understand that court can be an overwhelming experience and I have a demeanor that puts the parties at ease. I will take the time to listen to every party that appears before me. As your judge, I will continue to treat all parties who appear before me with dignity and respect.