Elisa Murphy

Office: Hamilton County Municipal Court, District 1, Current Judge

Residence: Cincinnati, OH

Email: JudgeEMurphy@gmail.com

Website: https://www.facebook.com/KeepJudgeElisaMurphy
https://www.facebook.com/JudgeElisa Murphy

Occupation: Judge in Hamilton County Municipal Court, District 1

Education: The University of Akron School of Law

Work Experience: Current Judge in Hamilton County District 1. On the bench for 16.5 years in Common Pleas Court, Juvenile Division. Attorney for 25 years, previously practiced Criminal, Family Law, and Civil Law. Involved in over 3,000 trials.

Family: Mother of two children

Affiliations: Ohio Judicial Conference, NAACP, Ohio State Bar Assn., Cincinnati Bar Assn., Life Member of the Black Lawyers Association of Cincinnati, Member of Overflow Ministries Covenant Church, Alpha Kappa Alpha Sorority Inc., and a mentor.

(1) List your judicial experience (courts and years):

Judicial Experience: Current Judge in Hamilton County Municipal Court, District 1 – presiding over misdemeanors and civil cases Hamilton County Common Pleas Court Magistrate, Juvenile Division for 16.5 years

My Qualifications are as follows: 25 years as an attorney. Experienced litigator in Common Pleas Courts and Municipal. Ability to work for and with judges. Law Clerk for the Honorable Carla Moore, Presiding/Administrative Judge, Summit County Municipal Court, Retired as the Ninth Appellate District Ohio Court of Appeals. Approximately 16.5 years as a successful magistrate, presiding over custody, abuse, neglect, felony, and misdemeanor cases. Analyze issues and correctly and apply the law to the facts. Worked approximately three years for Lexis-Nexis as a top Research Attorney. Successfully managed high volume caseloads while at the Hamilton County Public Defender’s Office. Author of over 1000 decisions. Adjunct Professor for Indiana Wesleyan University

This seat means the world to me. I grew up in Evanston. I went to school in Evanston and Walnut Hills as a child and graduated from high school in District 1 (Evanston, Avondale, Cumminsville, Downtown, West End, Walnut Hills, Clifton and Westside) . I went to Melrose YMCA in Walnut Hills from the ages of 6 to 18 years old. I learned to swim in District 1 and learned to become a lady, while attending the “Busy Bees” at the Melrose YMCA. I went to St. Paul A.M.E., which was right next to Bush Community Center until I was 18 years old and then I transferred my membership to Christ Emmanuel Christian Fellowship Church for 19 years. My family owned two restaurants in the West End, where I worked, called the “Old Southern Restaurant and Barbeque Pit”. My Aunt Clarise White, my Mother Bessie Murphy who is from Cumminsville, and my Grandmother Annie Lee Burden-Bryant made the food at its inception. My family has put our heart and soul in District 1. Now I am honored to continue to serve in the same areas where I lived, played, and still work. Not to mention I lived on Harvey in Avondale and Montana and Harrison on the Westside. In addition, I am honored to serve as the first African-American woman in District 1. Service is in my blood! Judicially, I am a fair Judge. I am a just Judge and I am experienced! I have a proven track record of dedication to our communities and justice to all. I am asking you to keep me as your judge in District 1. Vote and Keep Judge Elisa Murphy!