Heaven Guest

Office: Columbiana County Municipal Court

Age:  48

Residence: Minerva, OH

Email: heavenguestforjudge@gmail.com

Website:  http://heavenguestforjudge.com

https://www.facebook.com/pg/HeavenGuestforJudge

Occupation: Assistant Prosecuting Attorney

Education: JD from the University of Akron, 2001; Masters Degree in Public Administration; Masters Degree in Urban Studies; Masters Degree in Elementary Education

Work Experience: Assistant Prosecuting Attorney for the past 16 years; Appellate Judicial Attorney 2001-2002

Family: Married with three step children, four step grandchildren, and three dogs.

Affiliations: Ohio Prosecuting Attorneys Association member; National District Attorneys Association member; Columbiana County Bar Association member; FOPA, Akron Bar Association member; Law Library Resources Board member, ATHENA, Women’s Network, Women’s Impact Inc., Stark County NAACP, Member of the Summit County Collaborative Against Human Trafficking

Endorsements: State Representative Tavia Galonksi, Hall of Fame Central Labor Council, AFL-CIO,and Columbiana, Mahoning & Trumbull Counties United Auto Workers-Commuity Action Program Council

(1) List your judicial experience (courts and years):
Judicial Attorney for Judge Robert Nader, 11th District Court of Appeals 2001-2002

I have the commitment, compassion, and experience necessary to serve the court with integrity and fairness to all. Over the last sixteen years as a prosecuting attorney, I have handled cases involving misdemeanor and felony charges. I have prosecuted cases involving child support enforcement, administrative matters, and civil issues. In addition, have prosecuted delinquency cases as well as dependency, neglect and abuse cases at juvenile court. I have experience with specialty courts, including: mental health court, drug court, and domestic violence court. I am an active member of a collaborative against human trafficking and advisory board member of a municipal court’s human trafficking court. I have argued appeals in the 7th, 8th,and 9th District Court of Appeals as well as the Ohio Supreme Court. I am admitted to the Northern District Court of Ohio and the Supreme Court of the Unites States of America, where I recently filed a brief in opposition to petition for writ of certiorari in a death penalty case. In addition to my juris doctorate degree, I have three masters degrees from the University of Akron. I taught undergraduate, law-related courses at the University of Akron for fifteen years and currently teach at the Police Academy. In addition, I have presented a variety of continuing legal education presentations on a variety of topics ranging from child support, driving under the influence, and advanced appellate practice. I have excellent communication skills and am dedicated to helping people. I treat people with fairness and respect. My education, experience, and work ethic qualify me for the position of municipal court judge.

I am running for judge because I am qualified for the position and I want to make a difference in our community. As a prosecuting attorney, I have experience in handling a wide-variety of criminal, juvenile, civil, and appellate matters. I am committed to the members of our community and I will serve our courts with integrity and fairness for all.