Jeff Furr

Office: For Judge of the Fifth District Court of Appeals
Term Beginning 2/9/2021

Residence: Utica

Email: jeffmfurr@aol.com

Website: 

Social Media: 

Occupation: Attorney

Education: J.D. from Capital Law School, LLM from Capital Law School, MBA from Capital and BS from the College of Engineering from OSU

Work Experience: Intellectual Property Attorney

Family: Married with six children

Affiliations: Attend New Life Church

Endorsements: Ohio Right to Life

Bar Association Ratings: 

None

I have been running a legal practice for over 20 years. I have a good background and education to be a circuit court judge. I have the legal experience helping people with their legal issues and to understand the law. I know that it is a judges job is to interpret the law and not to make it. I have represented clients before Federal District courts and the Trademark Trial and Appeals Board. I have argued before the US Court of Appeals for Federal Circuit in Washington D.C. All of this experience is well suited for the Court of Appeals.

I want to serve my community and state. I will make sure that I will interpret the law fairly, with justice and the American way in mind. When I served on Johnstown City Council I always tried to make decisions for the public that I could sleep with. If elected I will make sure to do the same as a Judge. I believe that this court seat matches my experience and skill set well as well as matching my desire to give back.