Categories
Uncategorized

John M. Halliday

Office: For Judge of the Washington County Court of Common Pleas, General/Domestic Relations Division
Unexpired Term Ending 12/31/2024

Residence: Marietta

Email: jhalliday@wcgov.org

Website: 

Social Media: 

Occupation: Washington County Common Pleas Judge, General Division

Education: J.D. Ohio Northern University, Pettit College of Law, With Distinction

Work Experience: Private Practice Attorney, Corporate Counsel, Acting Judge, Common Pleas Judge

Family: Married with three children

Affiliations: Marietta Kiwanis Club, NRA, Ohio and Washington Co. Bar Assn.

Endorsements:  Washington County Sheriff, Larry R. Mincks, Sr.

Bar Association Ratings: 

(1) List your judicial experience (courts and years)
Judge, Washington County Court of Common Pleas, General Division, 2020-present Acting Judge, Marietta Municipal Court, 2003-2005

Through my leadership roles for various local organization boards, I have the ability to collaborate, listen and evaluate. I have worked with folks from all walks of life and have made a positive impact on Washington County. I am decisive, polite and affable. Maintaining the proper decorum and expecting it from those I work with has earned me their respect.

Holding the elected office of Common Pleas Judge in the county where I was raised has been a goal of mine for many years. I consider being a member of the judiciary the pinnacle of my legal career. My roots are here and where I raised my family and practiced law. The health and success of Washington County are my top priorities. As a Judge, I have a positive impact on the community and those who appear in my court. My experience makes me uniquely suited to continue in this position.