Josh Lanzinger

Office: Toledo Municipal Court

Residence: Toledo, OH

Email: Lanzingerforjudge@gmail.com

Website:
https://www.judgelanzinger.com/

https://www.facebook.com/JudgeLanzinger/

Occupation: Judge

Education: J.D. from the University of Toledo College of Law 1997

Work Experience: Elected to the Toledo Municipal Court in 2013. Over 20 years in the legal profession.

(1) List your judicial experience (courts and years):
I was elected as a judge for the Toledo Municipal Court in 2013. During this time I’ve presided over thousands of cases, over 150 bench trials, and 12 jury trials. From 2017 through 2018 I was elected by my fellow judges to serve as the court’s administrative and presiding judge. In that capacity, in addition to my regular job duties, I was responsible for the day-to-day operations of the court. As the administrative and presiding judge, I initiated the first court-wide amnesty program in 2017 which provided many services to the community. Some of these services included the clearing of thousands of outstanding bench warrants, helping people obtain a valid drivers license, and getting people connected with substance abuse and mental health providers.

I have been in the legal profession for over 20 years and have a long history of public service. Upon admission to the bar, I worked as an associate attorney for a law firm handling general civil litigation cases. In 2000, I started my own private law practice where I expanded the types of cases I handled to include civil and criminal law. Following the events of 9/11, I took a hiatus from the practice of law to serve in the U.S. Army. Upon my honorable discharge, I worked for the Ohio Attorney General in the workers’ compensation section for 9 years. My diverse legal background, experience, and dedication to public service has helped me as a judge in the Toledo Municipal Court.

Over the last 6 years, I believe I have earned a reputation for being a fair, competent, and hard-working judge. From the military to the municipal court, I have shown a commitment to public service. I would like the opportunity to continue to serve the community as a judge in the Toledo Municipal Court.