Joyce Campbell

Office: City of Fairfield Municipal Court

Residence: Fairfield, OH

Email: campbelljoy@hotmail.com

Website: N/A

Occupation: City of Fairfield Municipal Court Judge

Education: J.D. from Case Western Reserve University

Work Experience: Judge since June, 1999 and trial attorney prior to that time.

Family:
Married with one adult child.

Affiliations: Christian, Member of the Butler County, Hamilton County, Ohio and American Bar Associations.

Endorsements: N/A

Bar Association Ratings: N/A

(1) List your judicial experience (courts and years):

I have been the sole judge of the Fairfield Municipal Court since June 1999. I instituted and preside over both a Mental Health and an OVI /Drug docket both certified by the Ohio Supreme Court.

As an attorney in private practice from 1988 to 1999 I gained experience in many aspects of the law with an emphasis on labor law and representing communities. I served as a part time prosecutor in several communities.

As the judge for nearly the past twenty years I wish to continue to make a positive impact on the lives of defendants and other litigants that appear before me as well as my community in general. The establishment of two certified specialized dockets has provided criminal defendants with the opportunity to reclaim their lives and become productive contributing citizens. The extensive use of probation gives criminal defendants the opportunity to receive necessary services such as substance abuse and/or mental health treatment, housing assistance, and job training to assist them in staying out of the criminal justice system.