Kim Wilson Burke

Office: For Judge of the Hamilton County Court of Common Pleas, Drug Court Division
Term Beginning 1/3/2021

Residence: Cincinnati

Email: JudgeBurkeDrugCourt@aol.com

Website:  www.JudgeKimBurke.com

Social Media: Facebook Page: Judge Kim Burke

Occupation: Drug Court Judge

Education: J.D. The Ohio State University College of Law

Work Experience: Drug Court judge since 2001, prior municipal court judge, prior juvenile court magistrate, prior litigator at large Cincinnati law firm, prior assistant city prosecutor

Family:  Divorced, with two grown children

Affiliations: Ohio State Bar Association, Cincinnati Bar Association, Catholic

Endorsements: Equality Cincinnati PAC, Hamilton County Republican Party

Bar Association Ratings: 

Hamilton County Drug Court (2001-present) Hamilton County Municipal Court (1997)

I have spent my entire career in the courtroom. I started out after graduating Ohio State University Law School and passing the Ohio Bar exam in 1983 as a municipal court prosecutor. I was in the courtroom every day, and I helped victims of crime navigate the legal system. In 1988, I became a civil trial attorney for the City of Cincinnati where I practiced in both federal and state courts. In 1992, I was recruited to be a trial attorney for a large Cincinnati law firm where I supervised attorneys from all over the country as part of a major multi-state litigation. I also was appointed by the Supreme Court of Ohio to be one of the persons who wrote and graded the bar examination essay questions given during the Ohio Bar Exam. All of my pre-judicial experience was spent as either a criminal or civil courtroom attorney.

I am running for re-election to Hamilton County Drug Court to continue to help those who are charged with low-level felony drug offenses get the sobriety, tools and resources necessary to change their life. I have the compassion, patience, experience and leadership skills necessary to be effective. For the last 19 years it has been my full time passion to give people second chances, save lives, and offer hope to those in our criminal justice system who struggle with addiction.