Lisa D. McGowan

For Judge of the Lucas County Court of Common Pleas, Domestic Relations Division
Full Term Beginning 1/1/2021

Residence: Toledo

Email: lmcgowan@co.lucas.oh.us

Website: 

Social Media: 

Occupation: Judge, Lucas County Domestic Relations Court

Education: Juris Doctor, University of Toledo College of Law, OH; Bachelor of Arts – Management/Accounting, Hartwick College, NY

Work Experience: Judge, Lucas County Domestic Relations Court; Magistrate, Lucas County Domestic Relations Court

Family: I live in Sylvania Township with my husband, Chris, and our two children.

Affiliations: 

Endorsements: 

Bar Association Ratings: 

Judge, Lucas County Domestic Relations Court, January, 2015 to Present

Prior to being elected judge, I was appointed magistrate in the Domestic Relations Court from January, 2012 through December, 2014 and staff attorney for Judge David Lewandowski, Lucas County Domestic Relations Court from December, 1999 to December, 2011.

I ran a successful campaign and won the November 2014 judicial election for a seat on the bench in the Domestic Relations Court.

My reasons for running then have not changed in this re-election year. I initially decided to run for DR judge after being promoted to magistrate. I knew that I could do so much more for our court and the families that we serve. I am committed to resolving cases fairly, expeditiously and within the law for the remainder of this term and the next six years to come.