Stacey DeGraffenreid

Office: For Judge of the Hamilton County Court of Common Pleas, General Division
Full Term Beginning 2/10/2021?

Residence: Cincinnati

Email: StaceyDForJudge@gmail.com

Website: DeGraffenreidForJudge.com

Social Media: Facebook: Stacey DeGraffenreid For Judge; Twitter/Instagram: @ElectStacey

Occupation: Assistant Prosecuting Attorney

Education: Juris Doctorate, University of Cincinnati College of Law; Master of Education, University of Louisville; Bachelor of Science in Business Administration, University of Louisville

Family: Married with four children

Affiliations: Christian

Endorsements: Hamilton County Republican Party; Cincinnati FOP, Queen City Lodge #69

Bar Association Ratings: 

I am a first time judicial candidate. I have been an attorney for nineteen years and worked in the Common Pleas Court for over thirteen years.

My non-judicial legal experience provides the foundation that qualifies me to be a judge. I have been a licensed attorney in Ohio since 2000. As a new attorney, I was a sole practitioner practicing in a variety of areas including estate planning, domestic relations, and civil litigation. I was a public defender protecting our youth and for the last thirteen years I have worked in the Common Pleas Court as an Assistant Prosecuting Attorney protecting our community. I have litigated many criminal cases ranging from theft to aggravated murder. I am currently leading the Crimes of Violence Against Women and Children Unit as well as a member of the Heroin Task Force. All these experiences are the foundation that have prepared me to possess the proper judicial temperament and legal knowledge to be a judge.

I am running for Hamilton County Court of Common Pleas because I have a wide array of experiences in different arenas that I can apply to the bench. I have worked outside of the courtroom in various capacities, including working for a Fortune 500 company as well as being a business owner. I have been an assistant prosecuting attorney for 15 years. Thirteen of those years have been practicing in the Common Pleas Court. I have been a fighter for victims and a defender for our community against violent criminals.

With my experience litigating cases in common pleas court, I have what it takes to be tough but fair. I possess the necessary judicial temperament and understand how to apply the law equally to seek justice. As a wife, mother and community leader, I work tirelessly to make our community a better and safer place for all. I look forward to the honor of continuing to serve the citizens of Hamilton County as the next Hamilton County Court of Common Pleas Judge.