Thomas O. Beridon

Office: For Judge of the Hamilton County Court of Common Pleas, General Division
Term Beginning 2/11/2021

Residence: Hamilton

Email: vote@judgeberidon.com

Website: https://www.judgeberidon.com

Social Media: @judgeberidon; FB @judgeberidon

Occupation: Judge, Hamilton County Court of Common Pleas

Education: J.D. from the University of Cincinnati – B.S. from Ohio University

Work Experience: I served as a Hamilton County public defender from 1999 to 2004 and prosecutor at the City of Cincinnati from 2004 to 2008. I was a senior City Solicitor representing the City in the Court of Common Pleas from 2007 to 2013. From 2012 till I was elected to the Hamilton County Court of Common Pleas in 2018 I was the Chief Hearing Examiner for the City of Cincinnati.

Family: Married with 2 children

Affiliations: 
Cincinnati Bar Association, Ohio State Bar Association, Talbert House – past Board Member, Nativity Parish – past Parish Council President, Cincinnati Works- former Chair of the Legal Advisory board, Hamilton County Criminal Justice Commission – former Member

Endorsements: Hamilton County Democratic Party, Equality Cincinnati

Bar Association Ratings: The Cincinnati Bar Association does not rate in judicial races

Judge / Hamilton County Court of Common Pleas / 2018 – present; Chief Hearing Examiner / City of Cincinnati / 2012 – 2018; Arbitrator, Better Business Bureau and Hamilton County Courts / 2002 – 2004

I graduated from the University of Cincinnati Law School in 1999 and joined the Hamilton County Public Defender’s juvenile division, where I gained immediate trial experience. I than practiced in the City of Cincinnati Prosecutor’s office. After 4 years of prosecuting criminal cases I was promoted to the City Solicitor’s office where I represented the City in civil matters in State and Federal court, and as a Neighborhood Prosecutor for Cincinnati Police District 4. Finally, I served as the Chief Hearing Officer in the Office of Administrative Hearings immediately prior to my election to the Court of Common Pleas. My experience in defense, prosecution, and civil litigation has prepared me to preside, efficiently and fairly, over the myriad of cases that I hear daily in Common Pleas Court.

Throughout my legal career I have fought to ensure that everyone has equal access to justice. I protected our youth as a public defender, sought justice for victims as a prosecutor, and provided free legal counsel to those who could not afford it. As a Common Pleas Judge, I have ensured that justice is delivered properly and fairly on the merits of each case that comes before me.