Kristin G. Farmer

Office: For Judge of the Stark County Court of Common Pleas, General Division
Term Beginning 1/1/2021

Residence: Alliance

Email: judgekgfarmer@starkcountyohio.gov

Website: 

Social Media: 

Occupation: Judge-Stark County Court of Common Pleas-General Division

Education: J.D. Case Western University School of Law (2001)

Work Experience: Judge of Stark County Court of Common Pleas since 2013, Magistrate with the Court from 2003-2013

Family: Married with 2 children

Affiliations: Roman Catholic

Endorsements: 

Bar Association Ratings: 2020: Highly Recommended by Judiciary Committee of Stark County Bar Association

2003-2007: Staff Attorney and Magistrate for Hon. Sara Lioi (Stark County Court of Common Pleas-General Division) 2007-2013: Staff Attorney and Magistrate for Hon. V. Lee Sinclair (Stark County Court of Common Pleas-General Division) 2013-Current: Judge of the Stark County Court of Common Pleas (General Division)

Prior to working with the Court, I was an Assistant Prosecutor with the Alliance Law Director’s Office (2001-2003). During my time as an Assistant Prosecutor, I conducted multiple hearings, including Court and Jury Trials, on behalf of the State of Ohio/City of Alliance. That experience gave me first-hand knowledge of the struggles faced by attorneys during litigation and ways in which the Court can intervene and assist to make sure that each case and each litigant gets to have their “day in Court.” My experiences as a Staff Attorney and Magistrate were under the supervision of two very wise and seasoned Judges. From each of them, I have learned how to be fair, impartial, and efficient in running a Court docket.

For the past 7 years, it has been my honor to serve the citizens of Stark County in a Judicial capacity. I have had the opportunity, especially while presiding over the Court’s Drug Court program, to help people change their lives around. Additionally, I have had the opportunity to help victims of crimes bring closure to the worst chapters in their lives. All of this has truly been rewarding. I am running to retain my seat on the bench to continue this positive work and to make sure that all litigants are treated fairly and respectfully.