Angela Alexander

Office: For Judge of the Stark County Court of Common Pleas, Probate Division
Term Beginning 2/9/2021

Residence: Canton

Email: Alexander4judge@gmail.com

Website: http://aalexanderforjudge.org/

Social Media: 
http://Facebook.com/AngelaAlexanderforStarkCountyProbateCourt
https://www.mobile.twitter.com/aalexander4jdg

Occupation: Assistant Prosecuting Attorney

Education: J.D from the University of Akron, Bachelor of Arts from the University of Akron

Work Experience: 
I have been an Assistant Prosecuting Attorney from 2005 to the present date. I was a Public Defender from 1999 until 2005. I maintained a private practice in the areas of Civil, Family, Juvenile, Probate Law from 2001 until 2005.

Family: Married to Attorney John P. Alexander Jr. and we are raising our 3 sons in Stark County.

Affiliations: (Rape Crisis Center Board of Directors, Vice Chair ) (Stark County NAACP, Vice President) (Stark County Bar Association)(Akron Bar Association)(Ira J. Turpin Scholar Committee)(Delta Sigma Theta Sorority Inc., Stark County Alumni Chapter)(Women’s Impact-member)(Coming together Stark County Member)(Autism Speaks)(NAMI Stark County) (Faith Family Church, Canton Ohio member)

Endorsements: 

Bar Association Ratings: 

I have spent my career handling cases before Judges in all areas of law.

I have been honored to practice before many Judges in the areas of Criminal, Civil, Probate and Family Law. I have argued before the Supreme Court of Ohio, handled thousands of cases and had over one hundred trials. As an Assistant Stark County Prosecutor, I gained valuable insight into some of the greatest struggles in our community. I believe a Judge must follow the law and be compassionate. I spent my career working with families in crisis and have developed the temperament to be a Judge. I believe in having an efficient administration and maximizing taxpayer dollars.

Prior to becoming a Prosecutor I was a Public Defender and maintained a private practice which included Probate Law. Since the majority of my career was spent interacting with our community, I believe I have unique insight. I also understand that a court must be user friendly, efficient and consistent. Judges are first public servants and should model their behavior as such.

Stark County Probate Court touches everyone in our community. I grew up in Stark County and we are raising our boys in Stark County. I believe our community deserves a Judge who is in touch with the issues facing typical citizens in this county.

I am running for Judge because I have a passion for helping families in crisis and I have the skills necessary to hit the ground running as Probate Court Judge. I understand the patience and dedication it takes to assist those suffering with mental illness. I have over 20 years experience working with mental health providers and families in need. The court should use evidence based approaches to providing care for those in need.

I believe we can do better at the court and it begins with strengthening the relationships with the agencies that serve Stark County residents. I want to make Stark County an adoption friendly county. I want families to choose Stark County for the efficient case management system and fairness during the adoption process. Our seniors deserve to be treated with dignity and protected from abuse and neglect. I have a record of protecting seniors from abuse and exploitation. I have profound respect for the rules of the court and the rules in the State of Ohio. I understand that Judicial power should be wielded carefully and with humility. As a Judge, I would be accessible to the community and the court staff. Support staff are an essential part of the Probate Court. The staff in my office will be well trained, efficient, and courteous. My management experience will serve me well as a Judge and I will make sure the staff are given the tools they need to make Probate Court a great place to work and more user friendly.