Categories
Uncategorized

Curt C. Hartman

Office: For Judge of the Hamilton County Court of Common Pleas, General Division
Term Beginning 1/4/2021

Residence: Cincinnati/Anderson Township

Email: Curt.Hartman@1987.usna.com

Website: www.hartmanforjudge.com

Social Media: 

Occupation: Attorney, private practice

Education: B.S., United States Naval Academy; M.A., Georgetown University; J.D., Vanderbilt Law School

Work Experience: I have over 23 years of private law practice involving both civil and criminal matters, as well as practicing at all levels of the state and federal courts, including before the U.S. Supreme Court. Additionally, I served as a judge on the Hamilton County Common Pleas Court, presiding over felony criminal matters and multi-milion dollar civil litigation. Finally, I served in the United States Navy as a nuclear-trained officer on board a fast-attack submarine.

Family: 

Affiliations: 
Cincinnati Bar Association; Ohio State Bar Association; U.S. Naval Academy Alumni Association

Endorsements: Greater Cincinnati Right to Life PAC – http://www.crtlpac.org/endorse.html

Bar Association Ratings: N/A

(1) List your judicial experience (courts and years)
For nearly 2 years, from 2017 to 2018, I served as a judge in the General Division of the Hamilton County Common Pleas Court, presiding over multi-million dollar civil cases and felony criminal matters, including murder cases, rapes, and significant drug related offenses. I am the only candidate in this race with such judicial experience in the General Division of the Hamilton County Common Pleas Court.

I am the only candidate in this race with the broad background and experience, both on and off the bench, to serve the people of Hamilton County in the fair and impartial administration of justice. As part of my 25 years of being an attorney, my private practice of law included serving as a law clerk for a federal court of appeals judge and working for two major law firms in Cincinnati, dealing predominately with complex civil cases. For nearly 16 years, I owned and operated my own law practice, representing and advising individuals and small family businesses.

Through my private law practice and during my time serving as a Common Pleas Court Judge, I was involved in a variety of criminal and civil matters, including trials and appeals — as both a judge and as an attorney. Through this broad experience of law, I better understand and appreciate the significant impact, both financially and emotionally, that being involved in any manner in the legal system has on both individuals and businesses. It is something I think about and appreciate in each case.

I want to serve the people of Hamilton County in ensuring the predictability, stability and accountability provided by the law. During my prior tenure as a Common Pleas Court Judge, I demonstrated the ability to bring the experience and insight necessary to ensure the fair and impartial administration of justice, while also recognizing and appreciating that matters that come before the courts are not simply theoretical exercises. Instead, the cases, both criminal and civil, involve real individuals for whom the decisions that I make have a direct personal impact upon them, their families and others, as well as effecting society as a whole.

I proved myself as one who didn’t simply seek or desire the title of the office of judge but, instead, that I was dedicated and committed to doing the job of a judge and doing with fairness, respectfulness and a commitment to doing the right thing in each case. I have proven myself worthy of this high office and wish to return and further my commitment to the law and to the people of Hamilton County.