Categories
Uncategorized

Richard S. Skelton

Office: For Judge of the Montgomery County Court of Common Pleas, General Division
Term Beginning 1/3/2021

Residence: Oakwood

Email: Richard.Skelton@montcourt.oh.gov

Website: n/a

Social Media: 

Occupation: Judge

Education: JD, University of Dayton

Work Experience: Trial attorney from 1988 to 2015

Family: Engaged

Affiliations: 
Ohio Bar Association; Dayton Bar Association

Endorsements: 

Bar Association Ratings: 

(1) List your judicial experience (courts and years)
Full time Montgomery County Common Pleas Judge starting in January of 2015 to present.

My private practice focused on the very types of cases most often filed in the Common Pleas Court, to wit: Felonies and Tort Civil Litigation. I received the highest ethical rating by the top lawyer ranking entity in the United States, Martindale Hubbell. I have been a problem solver my entire career and have a reputation as a litigator that can see both sides of a dispute. When I ran for election in 2014, I received multiple endorsements from police agencies – not common for an attorney who practiced a significant amount of criminal defense.

I have been hands on working with low level felony offenders. I have utilized efforts to help defendants and felons employment as I believe that is one of the most important stepping stones toward rehabilitation. I am dedicated to serving the community that I have lived in my entire life. I am proud of Montgomery County, Ohio and will work hard to make it a better place to live.