David Young

Office: For Judge of the Franklin County Court of Common Pleas, General Division
Term Beginning 7/1/2021

Residence: Dublin

Email: judgeyoung2020@gmail.com

Website: davidyoungforjudge.com

Social Media: 

Occupation: Franklin County Common Pleas Court Judge

Education: Miami University {Oxford, OH} BS Accounting/Finance

Work Experience: Judge {2012-pres}; private practice {1986-2012}; Assistant Franklin County Prosecuting Attorney {1991-1994}

Family: Married 2 children

Affiliations: 

Endorsements: Democratic Party; Stonewall Democrats of Central Ohio; Columbus/Central Ohio Building and Construction Trades Council; Columbus Fire Fighters Union Local 67

Bar Association Ratings: CBA 2012 and 2014 Judicial Screening Committee “highly Recommend”

Franklin County Municipal Court Judge {2012-2015} Franklin County Common Pleas Court Judge {2015-pres)

For the past 8 years, I have served as a Judge on the Common Pleas Court bench and Municipal Court bench, I have presided over thousands of criminal and civil cases, including jury and bench trials.

Prior to being elected Judge, I operated my own law firm for 17 years principally representing charged with criminal offenses in Central Ohio. I represented thousands of clients in U.S. District Court, Franklin County Court of Common Pleas, Franklin County Municipal Court and Franklin County Juvenile Court from initial appearances through jury trial to verdict and on appeal. I have also been counsel for both plaintiffs and defendants in various civil matters including personal injury cases, contract disputes, collection matters, landlord/tenant issues, small claims matters and numerous environmental cases.

I have worked for, worked with and lived with Franklin County voters for over 30 years. I began my family in Franklin County, I worked as a prosecuting attorney for this County, I dedicated my legal career assisting individuals and companies in Franklin County and have served the citizens of Franklin County as both a Municipal Court and Common Pleas Court Judge.

I have assisted thousands of individuals and companies or organizations with their legal matters and continue to do so every day as a Judge. My dedication and hard work ethic have been noticed by my peers as I was voted as Highly Recommended in 2011 and 2014 and more recently in the 2020 0CBA performance poll rating of 4.13. I am seeking another term as a Common Pleas Judge to continue to provide the citizens of Franklin County with my diverse real world, judicial and legal experience. I also believe that commitment to public service is a noble endeavor.