James Cochran

Office: For Judge of the Cuyahoga County Court of Common Pleas, Domestic Relations Division
Term Beginning 1/8/2021

Residence: Cleveland

Email: cochran4judge@gmail.com

Website: www.cochran4judge.com

Social Media: Jim Cochran on Facebook

Occupation: Senior Assistant Ohio Attorney General

Education: J.D. Cleveland Marshall College of Law, Cleveland State University; B.A Political Science, University of Dayton

Work Experience: Real Estate acquisition (eminent domain representing the Ohio Department of Transportation) since 2015. Labor and employment law attorney for the Ohio Attorney General’s Office and the City of Cleveland Law Department from 2008 through September, 2013. Criminal Prosecutions for the Cuyahoga County Prosecutor’s Office for 7 years.

Family: Married 44 years and blessed with 3 adult sons, 3 terrific daughter in laws, and 7 wonderful grandchildren

Affiliations: Member Ohio and Cleveland Metro Bar Associations. Supervising attorney for Grassbaugh Veteran’s Project (Moritz College of Law, The Ohio State University) since 2017.

Endorsements: Republican Party of Cuyahoga County

Bar Association Ratings: Candidate since August 6, 2020. No current rating.

N/A

I have 40 plus years of experience in the legal profession. 30 years of that experience has been on the civil side of the legal practice. I have accumulated trial experience in both civil and criminal cases. I have appeared before numerous Administrative Agency tribunals. I have represented clients in the Ohio District Courts of Appeal, The Sixth US Circuit Court of Appeals, and the Ohio Supreme Court. More importantly, a lifetime of living here in Northeast Ohio has taught me the personal values that are important to our community and its citizens. I will listen well. I will try and determine the best arguments for each litigants’ case, and work to help resolve the personal conflicts presented to me. I pledge to use my acquired legal and life skills to the best of my ability each day.

I believe that the voters deserve a choice, and I represent a different choice from my opponent. If I had ignored the RPCC invitation to join the ballot, voters in Cuyahoga County would not have that choice.