Joe Schiavoni

Office: For Judge of the Mahoning County Court #3
Unexpired Term Ending 12/31/2022

Residence: Boardman

Email: joeschiavoni@gmail.com

Website: www.schiavoniforjudge.com

Social Media: @joeschiavoni (twitter); Joe Schiavoni (facebook)

Occupation: Attorney

Education: B.S.-Communications (Ohio University) & J.D.-Capital University Law School

Work Experience: Attorney since 2005 / Ohio State Senator 2008-2018

Family: Married with two children

Affiliations: Mahoning County Bar Association, Ohio Association For Justice, Big Brothers and Big Sisters, Italian American Education Foundation & Curbstone Coaches

Endorsements: Multiple Labor Unions in the Mahoning Valley

Bar Association Ratings: Mahoning County Bar Association has not conducted interviews

None

I have been a licensed attorney in Ohio since 2005. I have primarily handled Workers Compensation cases on behalf of injured workers, but have also represented parties involved in auto accidents/other personal injury, probate, domestic, contract disputes, and criminal matters. I have worked with attorneys, mediators, and judges across the state at all levels.

I also served as a State Senator from 2008-2018. The opportunity to represent the Mahoning Valley in Columbus allowed me to work on changes to the law that would benefit my community. I worked with stakeholders everyday in order to make sure that my constituents voices were heard. I spent my time participating in hearings, studying the Ohio Revised Code, interviewing witnesses, and gathering facts. I then was able to make informed votes and clearly explain my positions and rationale for the proposals that I recommended.

I want to make a positive impact in the lives of others and benefit my community. As a lawyer, that is my goal each and every day when I drive to work. As a County Court judge, I will have that opportunity and will always take it seriously. I will thoroughly work with victims, law enforcement, attorneys, and defendants in order to find fair resolutions to the matters presented to the court. I will always provide an open minded and unbiased courtroom, no matter the circumstances surrounding the case. I will consider that facts of the matter and follow the law as written. I will always put the community first and will not make any of my decisions without considering all sides and properly deliberating.