Categories
Uncategorized

James Piergies

Office: montgomery county municipal court

Residence: brookeville, OH

Email: jpiergies@yahoo.com

Website: keep judge james piergies@gmail.com

Family: married 30 years with 2 children

Occupation: judge montgomery county municipal court

Education: jd dayton school of law

Work Experience: attorney since 1980, judge 24 years

Affiliations: bar associations, masons, non-denominational

Endorsements: county sheriff rob streck (republican), state rep. phil plummer (republican), Dayton Miami Valley Afl-Cio, afscme counci, Nontgomery county dem0cratic party,etc

(1) List your judicial experience (courts and years):
5 years acting/visiting judge Miamisburg muni court, Urbana Muni court, Miami County muni Court, Dayton muni Court, Xenia Muni Court: Judge Montgomery County muni Court 24 years since 1996.

I have a degree I psychology that is useful in my Court every day. Honorably discharged Veteran where I was awarded the Army Commendation Medal for my work as a behavioral science specialist. My 25 years in private practice prepared me to deal with the everyday problems of people in crisis. I have worked with several local elected officials to enact legislation to convert the Montgomery County Court from a part-time Court to full-time Court. Have successfully worked with local law enforcement, County Commissioners, and administrative officers from Montgomery County to keep the County Muni court in the communities they service. I have always been a hard worker and as a judge I have shown up for work every day except when I have been ill.

I have worked for 24 years as the “‘go to’ judge in this Court. I understand the needs of the Court and I am presently in the middle of planning for building a brand new courthouse in Trotwood, Ohio and renovating the Huber Heights Courthouse. The citizens I have served for over 20 years deserve a Judge who, as a resident of the County for 40 years, understands their needs.