Josh Berkowitz

Office: Hamilton County Municipal Court

Residence: Norwood, OH

Email: keepjudgeberkowitz@gmail.com

Website:
Website: https://www.judgeberkowitz.com
Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/JudgeBerkowitz
Twitter: @JudgeBerkowitz

Occupation: Judge

Education: J.D., Capital University. B.A., Ohio State University.

Work Experience: Judge, Hamilton County Municipal Court, since April 15, 2015. Assistant Prosecuting Attorney for Hamilton County, 2008-2015. Law Director, City of Norwood, 2012-2015. Assistant Prosecuting Attorney for Franklin County (Columbus, Ohio), 2007-2008. Law Office of Robert F. Krapenc & J. Scott Weisman, 2006.

Family: Married to wife, Beth, with 3 children.

Affiliations: Hamilton County Law Library Resource Board member. Hamilton County Courthouse Centennial Committee member. Yellow Ribbon Support Center volunteer. Cincinnati Bar Association. Ohio Judicial Conference. Association of Municipal/ County Judges of Ohio.

Endorsements: Fraternal Order of Police, Queen City Lodge 69. Cincinnati Right to Life PAC. Hamilton County Republican Party. Plumbers, Pipefitters, & M.E.S. Local 392. Ironworkers Local 44.

(1) List your judicial experience (courts and years):
I have served as Judge of the Hamilton County Municipal Court for 4.5 years. I’ve presided over more than 20,000 cases and earned a reputation as a Judge who treats everyone in the courtroom with dignity & respect, always follows the law as written, and works hard to do justice, one case at a time.

As a felony prosecutor, I fought for justice for the victims of crime. I worked hard to make our community safer by taking dangerous criminals off our streets. I also served as Law Director, or chief legal officer, for the city of Norwood. This allowed me to serve the community where I live by providing legal advice to city employees and elected officials on a wide range of legal issues including civil litigation, contract negotiations, economic development, and public safety. I also previously worked in criminal defense, representing individuals facing criminal charges. As your Judge, I took an oath to uphold the Constitution and follow the law, and to treat all people fairly and with respect. I am the only candidate in this race with a proven record of service as a Judge, a felony prosecutor, in civil litigation, and in criminal defense. These experiences have shaped and informed my approach to serving as a Judge. I am proud of my record of service and I am honored to serve as your Judge!

Hamilton County Municipal Court is truly the People’s Court. It is one of the busiest courts in Ohio, and serves the broadest cross-section of the public of any of our courts. Every day there are 30-50 cases on my docket, each involving unique individuals, evidence, and disputes. It is critically important to our community and to our country that people have confidence that justice is administered fairly and efficiently in our courts. That is why I believe it is important for judges to be actively engaged with the public we serve, by participating in community groups & meetings, speaking at schools and civic organizations, and using social media. I am proud of my record as a Judge who treats everyone with respect, always follows the law as written, and works hard to do justice in each case, one case at a time. I humbly ask for your vote for re-election to the Hamilton County Municipal Court.