Categories
Uncategorized

James R. O’Leary

Office: Painesville Municipal Court

Residence: Concord, OH

Email: joleary473@aol.com

Website: Retain O’Leary Judge Facebook

Occupation: Judge

Education: JD from Cleveland Marshall College of Law

Work Experience: Magustrate in Lake County Juvenile Court 17 years

Family: Married with 4 children and 8 grandchildren

Affiliations: non-denominational

Endorsements: Governor Mike DeWine, Congressman Dave Joyce, Lake County Commissioners Jerry Cirino, John Hamercheck and Ron Young, Prosecutor Chuck Coulson and more

(1) List your judicial experience (courts and years):

Judge, Painesville Municipal Court, less than one year Magistrate, Lake County Juvenile Court, 17 years, determining thousands of cases Law Director, City of Willoughby Hills, one year Prosecutor, Village of Kirtland Hills, six years, prosecuting on 2,500 cases, Assistant Law Director, Kirtland Hills, six years Assistant Law Director, Grand River, three years

In addition to my legal experience, I have been involved in many civic organizations which helps prepare me for the position I currently hold. My wife and I volunteer at Project Hope for the Homeless. I have provided assistance to Teen Challenge and other community organizations. I have coached youth basketball since I was 19 years old. I spent nearly 20 years in the health care profession as an Administrator. This has allowed me the opportunity to manage a large budget and the employees. Most of all, I have learned that as Judge you can positively impact each person that comes before the court and help lead them in a direction to be successful.

I am lifelong resident of the Painesville area (jurisdiction of the court). I know the people of our area. We serve a diverse community. As the County seat of government, Painesville has a larger population of those who rely upon public assistance and those individuals need to be treated fairly. It is my desire as Judge to positively impact each person that comes before the court. As Judge, I can make a difference in our community.