Categories
Uncategorized

Mark Reddin

Office: Bowling Green Municipal Court

Residence: Rudolph, OH

Email: mark.reddin@bgohio.org

Occupation: Judge Bowling Green Municipal Court

Education: J.D. University of Dayton School of Law, B.S.Ed., Bowling Green State University

Work Experience: Judge since 1996, private practice of law for 10 years prior.

Family: Married, one grown son.

Affiliations: Catholic – Parishoner St. Rose Catholic Church, Perrysburg OH. Perrysburg Knight of Columbus, Exchange Club of Perrysburg

(1) List your judicial experience (courts and years):
I have been the Judge of the Bowling Green Municipal Court since 1996, 23+ years.

In 1985 I graduated from law school and passed the Bar Examination. I became an associate in the law firm of Reddin & Reddin, a general practice law firm. As part of that practice I was a village prosecutor for the neighboring villages and the City of Bowling Green in the Bowling Green Municipal Court. I provided representation as village legal counsel as well. I represented clients, including in trials, in domestic relations matters, contracts, collections, business transactions, real estate, landlord-tenant matters, personal injury, wrongful death, wills, trusts, and estates. I provided traffic and criminal defense representation in area courts as well. I served as a board member of The Link, Family Services of Northwest Ohio, The Wood County Regional Airport Authority,and the Civil Service Commission of the City of Bowling Green. My areas of practice and experience proved valuable when adjudicating the variety of filings, motions, and cases heard in the Bowling Green Municipal Court.  

When I was in private practice, I prosecuted cases in the Bowling Green Municipal Court over a period of 10 years. I used that familiarity with the court as well as the rest of my legal experience to focus on the work of the Bowling Green Municipal Court. After my election in 1995, the court and city of Bowling Green planned, designed and constructed a new municipal court facility. The facility opened in December 1999, approximately 80,000.00 under budget. The facility now 20 years old has proved to be an attractive and efficient working environment for the citizens, lawyers, participants and employees of the court. During my tenure, the court implemented a “no bond policy” in domestic violence cases so that an offender is not released until a judicial officer has reviewed his or her case and sets appropriate conditions on any bond granted. The court has scheduled crimes of violence and non support cases on a specific day of the week so that all stakeholders and treatment providers are available to help resolve these cases thoughtfully and expeditiously. The court is a founding collaborative participant in the Project Direct Link program. This program seeks to get offenders treatment starting in the jail with a Vivitrol injection to block pleasure centers in the offender’s brain prior to release. Offenders are then placed in a medically assisted treatment regimen with supervision by a medical doctor. The court’s Probation Department retains supervision over the offender to maintain offender compliance with treatment. The court believes that treatment works and people recover. I am running for this seat because i don’t believe I am finished meeting the challenges in our community. I believe that as judge, I can continue to make a positive contribution to the lives of the users of the court and the citizens of the Bowling Green Municipal Court District.