Unpaid Student Intern – Special Litigation Project #1602
Stark & Summit County Offices
Community Legal Aid Services is the primary provider of free civil legal representation to low-income
and elderly residents of central northeast Ohio. Our mission is to serve the poor by securing justice,
protecting rights, promoting measures for their assistance and providing quality representation.
Under the supervision of the Managing Attorney of the Housing & Consumer Team, the intern will
directly work on the following special litigation projects:
1. Immediate assistance on a major civil litigation matter involving 20+ potential tenants being
wrongfully displaced. Case is ready for filing but assistance is needed for the drafting and filing
of the complaint, client participation, discovery and pretrial practice, motion work and file
2. Ongoing Foreclosure Impact Project involving the review of multi-county policies related to the
sale of delinquent tax liens considering the legality of sales under the recent disparate impact
decision in The United States Supreme Court Texas Department of Housing & Community Affairs
v. The Inclusive Communities Project, Inc.
3. Development of the Municipal Court Review Project to analyze polices of the surrounding courts
related to the collection of court costs and fines and the development of a racial impact
statement if warranted by the data.
• Demonstrated interest in and sensitivity to the legal needs of the poor as well as motivation
to improve the condition of the poor.
• Personal characteristics include: excellent interpersonal skills, first-rate oral and written
communications skills, professional attitude, discretion, diplomacy and tact, ability to relate
to professionals, strong analytical and organizational skills, and high dependability.
• Proficient in Microsoft Word and Internet research tools.
• Ability to speak Spanish is highly desirable.
To Apply: Indicate that you are applying for Student Intern Position #1602 and send volunteer
application, cover letter, resume and references to:
Zoeann Powell, Community Legal Aid
E-mail: email@example.com (preferred method)
Mail: 50 South Main Street, Suite 800, Akron, Ohio 44308
Fax: (330) 535-0728
Lunch and good conversation! Hope to see everyone there!Read More Read More
There is a posting at the USPTO for a Legal Externship with the Trademark Law Student Intern Program. The posting closes on Thursday, February 4, 2016. The information on the posting is available on USAJobs at https://www.usajobs.gov/GetJob/ViewDetails/427093200.
The job posting for the Patent Experience Externship Program (which was previously forwarded to you) is still open but closes on Monday, February 29, 2016. The information on the posting is available on USAJobs at https://www.usajobs.gov/GetJob/ViewDetails/421790800.Read More
U.S. Marine Corp JAG information Session/Lunch and Informational Screening Interviews this Thurs. 1/28 at 12:15 PM
U.S. Marine Corp JAG information Session/Lunch and Informational Screening Interviews
1Ls and 2Ls – Please join Representatives from the U.S. Marine Corp on Thursday, January 28th at 12:15 PM in the Buckingham Conference Room 101 (the annex attached to CBA across Wolf Ledges) for lunch and a brief presentation about career opportunities with the USMC:
• A chance to serve in one of the most elite and respected military organizations in the world
• FINANCIAL AID to take the edge off your student loans
• PAID internships between second-third year and after you sit the Bar exam
• IMMEDIATE trial experience—no clerking!
• A chance to further your knowledge and education beyond law school—into specialties and judging—at no expense to you!
• Experience in litigation you will get nowhere else in the world
Immediately following the presentation, the Officers will conduct informational/screening interviews for all interested students.
Please email Director O’Brien if you wish to secure an interview slot. All are welcome to attend the lunch presentation!