Professor Shaver seeks a research assistant to work on various projects in the field of education law. The position will entail about ten hours of work a week beginning immediately and continuing through the school year. To apply, please email a cover letter and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org.Read More
Summer law interns can get an additional $1,212 for their summer public interest job and win a free iPad Air or Surface 3!
Law students with summer internships at nonprofits or in government anywhere in the country are eligible for a $1,212 Segal Education Award through Equal Justice Works’ AmeriCorps JD program. In addition, students who apply will be automatically entered to win one of 20 iPad Air or Surface 3 tablets!
This is a great way for students to get funds to reduce the cost of law school AND win a free tablet just for working at their summer public interest jobs. The deadline is June 1, so sign up today!
Here’s how to do it in 2 easy steps:
1. Review our Five Easy Steps to Apply to AmeriCorps JD.
2. Apply through our Student Application Manager (SAM).
The basic requirements for an AmeriCorps JD member are:
• Law students must serve 300 hours before Aug. 31, 2015;
• Law students cannot receive academic credit for their work;
• The students must receive less than $4,300 in outside funding for their internship, although that can’t be paid as an hourly wage;
• The members must agree to and assist in completing state background checks, which might include fingerprinting; and,
• The host site must be a non-profit agency, state or district court, or government agency
The application should only take 30 minutes. If you have any problems or questions, you can read the Application Guide or contact us at AmeriCorpsJD@equaljusticeworks.org.Read More
The University of Akron School of Law Legal Clinic is accepting applications for one paid position for the summer and next year until May 2016. The paid position will be one of the Directors of our Inmate Assistance Program. Students eligible for a legal intern certificate may be able to participate in the Turning Point/Summit County Court of Common Pleas Felony Drug Court Program and provide courtroom advocacy and representation to Turning Point participants. All students are invited to apply, including rising 2L’s. Persons chosen for these positions will be paid $8.50 per hour up to 20 hours per week.
People interested in developing interviewing, research, and writing skills should apply. Our Clinic graduates use their skills in civil and criminal contexts as Public Defenders, County Prosecutors, Legal Aid lawyers, judicial law clerks, and civil practitioners.
A cover letter and resume must be submitted to Mrs. Davis at email@example.com as soon as possible. We will be conducting interviews as applications are received and anticipate making a decision quickly, so please apply immediately if you wish us to consider your application. If you have any questions, please do not hesitate to contact Paul Zindle at firstname.lastname@example.org or stop in the Legal Clinic.Read More
Enter the ABA’s “Win a Dream Interview” contest, visit www.ABADreamInterview.com. Participate now and you can win an interview for a chance at a dream internship in just three easy steps:
1. Submit a one minute video. Explain why you should intern at one of many law firms around the country. Winners receive an interview and chance to personally pitch themselves!
2. Choose up to three firms. Select the internships for which you would like to interview, and then submit resumes, transcripts and/or other required selection criteria.
3. Join the ABA. Membership is FREE for students. You must be an ABA Law Student Member to be eligible for this contest.
The ABA’s network of internships can open a door for you, visit www.ABADreamInterview.com for a chance to win!
Visit www.ABADreamInterview.com for official rules.Read More
I want to remind you that, in addition to any summer funding you’ve received, law students working at nonprofits and government organizations for the summer are eligible for a $1,212 Segal Education Award through Equal Justice Works’ AmeriCorps JD program. You can use those funds to reduce the amount you have to borrow for law school or to repay your loans after you graduate.
And anyone who applies to AmeriCorps JD is automatically entered to win one of 20 iPad Air or Surface 3 tablets!
The application deadline is June 1 so I suggest applying now. The application takes about 30 minutes using the online Student Application Manager. If you need have questions or need help, you can:
Equal Justice Works also has a quick video on what it means to be an AmeriCorps JD member.Read More