Extended Bar prep this week – L-325:
- Wednesday 2-4 (Ohio Bar Exam July 2008 Q 8 – Indorser/guarator liability)
- Wednesday 6:30 – 8:30 (same as the afternoon session)
- Saturday 10:30 – 12:30 (Ohio Bar Exam February 2015 Q 8 – warranties & defenses)
This week’s topic is Commercial Paper (Payment Systems). If you’re taking the Ohio Bar exam before July 2020 and didn’t get a chance to take Payment Systems – or it just didn’t gel – drop by this week and join us!
Two sessions of bar prep workshops this week:
Wednesday 2:00 PM – Payment Systems
Wednesday 6:30 – Property (mortgages or LL-Tenant)
(I have a prior commitment on Saturday, all day, but if there is enough interest I we could do a Sunday morning, or Sunday afternoon session instead)
If you haven’t taken payment systems – Wednesday afternoon is a good chance to dip your toes in the water.
The bar exam often emphasizes different things than law school does. Mortgages and Landlord Tenant issues are frequently tested on the Ohio bar exam (and on the MBE). We’ll cover one or the other – or both – this week on Wednesday evening/Saturday morning.
Extended Bar Prep this week:
All sessions held in L-325
- Wednesday: 2:00 – 4:00 – Wills
- Wednesday 6:30 – 8:30 – Professional Responsibility
- Saturday 10:30 – 12:30 – Professional Responsiblity (We may have to end early – there’s a tournament scheduled in the room at noon. We’ll talk when we get there)
All welcome! If you haven’t had a chance to write a professional responsiblity essay and you’re taking the Ohio bar exam (i.e. before July 2020) you will have a professional responsibility essay on the bar exam.
We’ll write the February 2007, Question 6 Evidence -Hearsay essay on Saturday from 10:30 – 12:30 in L-325.
Evidence is both a multiple choice and essay question on the bar exam. If you haven’t had a chance to write an evidence essay – now’s your chance!
The topic is Professional Responsibilty.
We’ll have three groups next week.
- Wednesday 2:00 PM (Room TBD. This group may tackle a subject other than Professional Responsibility. If you’re one of the folks who plans to attend, let me know if you have suggestions)
- Wednesday 6:30 PM
- Saturday 10:30 – 12:30 PM
Extended bar prep study group meets this week on Wednesday (6:30 – 8:30) and Saturday (10:30 AM – 12:30 AM) in L-325
The topic this week: Evidence
The Ohio bar exam includes an evidence essay – so if your exposure to evidence is limited to multiple choice, this week is a good opportunity to practice handling it in an essay! (Evidence is also one of the potential essays on the UBE)
Mid-day study group: So far, no consensus on a day. There are equal votes for every day (although the votes are more solid for Tuesday – Thursday than for Friday). Unfortunately, whichever day I select will exclude 3 people who have expressed an interest! If you voted for only one day, but could attend a different one – please let me know (clicking twice will mark a day, “could attend if I had to.” If you are interested, and haven’t voted yet, feel free to drop by and cast a vote