You’re invited to the Akron Bar Prep kick-off on Monday, December 16 beginning at 6:30 PM in L-280.
- Food! (some vegan & gluten free)
- How do I use this crazy mix of stuff BARBRI just sent me? (Or – if you are working without a vendor – what are my options?)
- BARBRI? Huh? I’m about to graduate and I missed how to get my stuff!
- What do I need to do to pass the bar exam? (BARBRI has data on about 67,000 examinees – we’ll go over that data so you hear from someone other than me what it takes)
- What support does Akron offer over the next 10 weeks?
- What if I’m waiting until July to take the bar exam – what can I do now to be better prepared?
This will be most useful for people taking the February bar exam, but we’ll cover long term planning for people who are taking the bar exam in July as well.
Extended Bar Prep Sessions (weekly group essay wrangling)
- Tuesday 5-7 PM – Civil Procedure (325)
- Saturday 10:30 – 12:30 (no session this week, but we’ll pick up again in the 21st if there is interest)
Barbri’s bar prep interface is open now! If you start early, you’ll have to work fewer hours per day than if you wait. (If you haven’t signed up and need info on how – see Dean Reeves.) Starting on 12/6 – it’s 5.6 hours a day.
If you don’t know where to start, what those books are all about, or what the true story is about what you need to do to pass the bar exam – drop in to the:
Bar Prep Kick-off Party
Monday, December 16, 2019 @ 6:30 in Room 280
I’ll feed you, walk through what you need to know about bar prep, introduce you to your books, give you some cold , hard, numbers.
Even if you aren’t taking the bar exam until Spring, there will be useful information that you can use to prepare for your Spring/Summer bar studying.
study per day is, on average, the difference between passing the bar exam and not passing it.
Curious? Want to know more about what you need to do to put yourself in the best position to pass the bar exam?
Drop into the February bar prep kick-off session 12/16 at 6:30 PM in Room 280.
- Introduction to your BARBRI platform and materials
- Recent correlation data on bar passage
- July examinees are welcome to attend
- I’ll bring a little something to eat – feel free to bring something to share
Essay writing sessions today (11/27) @ 3 PM in Room 325. I believe we’re writing a civil procedure essay.
Essay writing session Saturday (?) at 10:30 AM Room 325. Only one of the regulars can attend – unless others want to attend we’ll cancel for this week. (If you’re interested let me know and I’ll show up. )
Questions – or a request for a session this Saturday – email@example.com
Study groups this week (room 325):
- Wednesday 3:00 – 5:00 – Wills
- Satruday 10:30 – 12:30 – Civil Procedure
Any one preparing for a bar exam is invited to participate (Feb 2020, July 2020, or beyond . . .)
The study groups are a good opportunity to get a jump start on bar preparation – or just to practice issue spotting, analysis, concise analysis for any essay exam