We have recieved reports that many students needing to be fingerprinted for their Bar application are inquiring at the University of Akron Police Department (UAPD). UAPD is not able to provide this service.
We have also been advised that the Akron Police Department is not able to provide this service. You are most welcome to contact other municipal police departments to see if they are able to assist you, but we do not know which municipalities those may be. Therefore, we direct students as follows:
Fingerprinting is available at the Sheriff’s Office at the Summit County Jail
located on Crosier Street just across the 76 expressway.
- Appointments are required: call the Sheriff’s Office at 330-643-5323 to schedule
- Appointment times are:
- Tuesdays, 9:30 a.m. – 11:00 am.
- Thursdays, 1:30 p.m. – 3:00 p.m.
- Closed holidays
- Complete all fingerprint card information prior to arrival
- Fingerprinting fee is $10.00
NOTE: When you submit your Certificate of Dean form to Law Student Services for the dean’s signature, we will return it to you in a packet which contains your official fingerprint card.