We had to update the Law 1 student printer on Monday September 26th. Anyone who has it installed will have to reinstall again. Below are instructions on reinstalling the printer.
- You must be connected to rootown or Roo-Secure
- Go to http://uauniprint2.uanet.edu/uniprint
- Click on the “Packages”tab
- Click on the particular printer that you want to install
- If prompted, click on “Run”
- If prompted, click on “Yes” to allow the program to make changes on your computer.
- Click on the Install button. Installation may take a couple of minutes
- Once the installation is finished, click on the finish button.
- Your print job will show up at the release station.
- Open System Preferences
- Open Print & Fax
- Click on the + (plus) sign to add a new printer
- At the top of this dialog be sure IP Printer is selected and then apply the following settings:
Protocol: Line Printer Daemon – LPD
Queue: NAME OF PRINTER YOU WISH TO ADD (look below for name)
Name: SOMETHING DESCRIPTIVE
Location: SOMTHING DESCRIPTIVE
Print Using: Select Printer Software Be sure to select the appropriate printer driver for the printer you are connecting to.
- Law 1 uses the Generic PostScript Printer Click AddWhen you go to retrieve your print job, you will swipe your ZipCard and find your print job listed as the “short name” on your local account.
Pay to Print Queue Names in The School of Law
Printer 1 Queue Name = PPSavinSP8300dnLaw1