Rising 2L Students
Congratulations on completing your first year of law school! See below for how Law Review eligibility works. Students can join Law Review by Grading-On and Writing-On.
- Grade-On: Those students in the top 15% of the class will be automatically invited to join Law Review. Invitations will be sent out in early July.
- Write-On: Those students who are not in the top 15%, but have at least a 2.9 GPA may participate in the Write-On Competition. The Write-On Competition is a closed (resources provided) research and writing assignment facilitated but the Executive Editor of Student Writing. Those students who submit the best written papers will be invited to join Law Review. The Write-On Competition will run from June 11-29. Invitations will be sent out in early July.
Spring Start Students
Congratulations on completing your first semester of law school! Spring Start students are also eligible to join Law Review, but the process works a little differently.
- Grade-On: Spring Start students may not grade-on after only one semester of course work. Spring Start students may only grade-on after they have completed the entire first-year program (for most this will be next Spring).
- Write-On: Full-time Spring Start students are eligible to participate in the Write-On Competition after only one semester of course work if they have:
–completed a minimum of 14 credit hours
–completed LARW I
–at least a 2.9 GPA
The Write-On Competition will run from June 11-29. Invitations will be sent out in early July.
- Please note, Spring Start students who do not join Law Reviewafter only one semester of course work are welcome to join the next Spring via the Grade-On or Write-On Competition (after three semesters of course work).