The Akron Bar Foundation Scholarship Application for law school students is now open. I have attached the link to our website below, which has the requirements and the downloadable pdf fillable application. Please, post and share with your law school students. The deadline to apply is Friday, March 22, 2019.
The Akron Bar Foundation, the charitable arm of the Akron Bar Association, works to improve the quality of justice and the image of lawyers through the support of law-related and public service programs primarily directed to the Akron metropolitan area. The best way to talk about the success of the Akron Bar Foundation is to look at the numbers. In 2018, the Akron Bar Foundation provided the following:
- $34,575 granted to 11 community organizations
- $40,000 awarded in scholarships to deserving law students selected for their academic achievement, service to the community, financial need and with a connection to Summit County (live/lived in or parents/grandparents are from Summit County, etc.)
- $2,500 granted two fellowships to law students working in an unpaid intern position for a non-profit or government entity
- $15,000 approved in grant monies to the Akron Municipal Court for Wi-Fi and electronic device charging stations
- $29,000 approved in grant monies to provide local attorneys with patron access to the law library at the UA School of Law