This scholarship is part of The Richard Linn American Inn of Court’s commitment to fostering the development of intellectual property lawyers of high ethics, civility and professionalism, and especially those from diverse backgrounds.
The recipient of the scholarship receives $10,000 to be applied to their legal education. This scholarship is available to law students who have entered into a JD program at an ABA-accredited law school in the United States and who will continue in that program through at least the Fall semester 2020. Scholarship recipients are selected by the Mark T. Banner Scholarship review board based on the following criteria:
• Commitment to the pursuit of a career in intellectual property law.
• Commitment, qualities and actions toward ethics, civility and professionalism.
• Academic merit (undergraduate, graduate and law school).
• Written and oral communication skills.
• Leadership qualities and community involvement.
• Member of a historically underrepresented group in IP law (including race, sex, ethnicity, sexual orientation and disability).
Applications need to be submitted by December 6, 2019. The application is available on the Linn Inn of Court’s website .