The American Society for Pharmacy Law (“ASPL”) is seeking applicants for the Inaugural Ken Baker Memorial Student Scholarship.
The purpose of this scholarship is to support students in pharmacy and pharmacy law to attend the annual ASPL Developments in Pharmacy Law Seminar where they will: 1) attend up to 15 hours of continuing education sessions; and 2) network with industry professionals from across the country. Funding for this scholarship is subject to vary year to year based upon the operational funds available to ASPL.
The recipient will receive a complimentary registration to the annual Developments in Pharmacy Law Seminar in the current year to earn up to 15 hours of continuing education and participate in a variety of networking opportunities. A complimentary hotel-stay up to 3 nights at the conference hotel (room & tax only) and reimbursement of up to $750 travel to attend the conference. Recipients will also receive a complimentary 1 year ASPL Student Membership giving access to monthly member newsletters, reduced registration fees for live and on-demand webinars and potential participation in various ASPL committees and work groups.
- Applicant must be a full-time student of an ACPE accredited entry-level pharmacy degree program in the U.S.
OR A full-time student enrolled in an ABA-accredited law school to pursue the JD degree.
- Applicant must be a U.S. citizen or permanent resident of the U.S.
- Applicant must be actively enrolled in school November 5-8, 2020 of the Developments in Pharmacy Law Seminar.
The selection process includes review of:
- Academic transcripts from law school or college of pharmacy
- Letter of reference from law school or pharmacy professor
- A brief essay (500 words or less) of the applicant’s interest in pharmacy law and how attendance at the conference will help in their career pursuits
- ASPL may require additional information as part of the application process as it deems necessary to select a recipient who best meets the purposes of the scholarship.
- Financial need is not a criterion
Deadline for submission of an application is August 15, 2020. The recipient of the Scholarship will be notified no later than September 15, 2020.
All required information is to be submitted
American Society for Pharmacy Law
PO Box 7317
Springfield, IL 62791
Or by email to firstname.lastname@example.org