Tucker Ellis Resume Collection (for summer 2021)

Cleveland, OH – Summer Associate – Tucker Ellis
AkronLawJobsNo. 11596 Overview: The Tucker Ellis Summer Mentorship Program provides our summer associates with a real-life, day-to-day sense of what it’s like to practice law at Tucker Ellis. The program pairs law students with experienced attorney mentors and introduces students to a wide range of litigation and transactional legal work. Our summer associates receive hands-on experience that includes opportunities such as attending court hearings and deal closings; traveling to and observing depositions, witness interviews, and client meetings; performing research and due diligence; and drafting motions, deposition outlines and contracts. Our program is designed to fit our culture of fostering strong relationships with the firm as well as in our community. What’s It Like to Be Part of Our Summer Mentorship Program? Tucker Ellis lawyers who began as law students in our summer program answer this question best: “The summer program goes to great lengths to strike a balance between gaining real insight into the life of an associate while also providing time to meet and have fun with your potential colleagues. Allowing law students to gain this experience and perspective is invaluable, and it really helps you understand if this work environment is a good fit for you.” “The summer program’s open structure allowed me to form meaningful relationships with the attorneys. Because my assignments came about organically, I felt that I got a better feel for what it would really be like to work at Tucker Ellis as an attorney.” “The most valuable part of being a summer associate is having the opportunity to experience life as a Tucker Ellis lawyer. After my two summers, I understood the expectations of a junior associate, had done (with appropriate supervision) work similar to that of a first-year associate, and built personal relationships with many people inside and outside my intended practice area.” “My work across several practice groups introduced me to different areas of the law, and the many social events allowed me to build personal relationships with lawyers all across the firm.” 
Qualifications: 2L, Prefer Top 15%
To Apply:  Apply through Symplicity with your resume, cover letter (addressed to Stephanie Hauk), transcript, and writing sample.
Deadline: August 6, 2020.