Access to Lexis+ will continue during the summer. As long as you are registered for Lexis+ you do not have to do anything to continue using Lexis+ this summer. You may use Lexis+ for work or school during the summer. In the fall, usage reverts back to academic use only.
You can use Thomson Reuters products, including Westlaw® and Practical Law over the summer for non-commercial research. You can turn to these resources to gain understanding and build confidence in your research skills, but you cannot use them in situations where you are billing a client. Examples of permissible uses for your academic password include the following:
Research assistant assignments
Law Review or Journal research
Moot Court research
Externship sponsored by the school
You do not have to do anything to gain access to these tools over the summer. If you have any questions, please contact our Thomson Reuters Academic Account Manager Peter Lippmann at email@example.com
Access to Bloomberg Law continues over the summer. You may use your Bloomberg Law password for any purpose during the summer as well as year-round. The court dockets and transactional resources may be particularly useful to those working at law firms over the summer. Be aware of the per-person limits of 15,000 pages for dockets.
Other databases accessible over the summer:
- Law Library databases such as HeinOnline and Proquest Legislative Insight.
- Free Fastcase access for law students, faculty and staff.
- Free Fastcase App for iPhone or Android
- Sign up for a free OSBA Student Membership and obtain access to the Decisis research database.
- For free databases on the Internet, see United States Federal Law – Free Sources and Ohio Law – Free Sources