The Spring 2015 Registration Materials are now posted on the Web at: www.uakron.edu/law/curriculum/registration.dot .
You will notice several links:
• Spring 2015 Registration Materials contains the 2 page information packet and the 4 page Schedule grid. Please pay close attention to this 6 page document. Information that is not contained in MyAkron regarding add/drop dates, meeting dates and times, registration restrictions and prerequisites are contained in this document. Look it over carefully.
• Spring Schedule Overview contains a color coded visual of class meetings throughout the week.
• Spring 2015 Elective Descriptions contains the course descriptions for electives being offered during Spring 2015.
One note of advice: Please go into your MyAkron accounts to see if you have any holds on your account which will prevent you from registering at your authorized Priority Registration time. You will need to clear those up immediately in order to register.
ATTENTION December 2014 JD Degree Candidates:
VERY IMPORTANT: Any changes to your Character and Fitness from your original law school application must be reported to our office by Wednesday, October 15. Your Character and Fitness MUST BE updated and accurate for us to complete your Character Certificate that is due with your application to the Supreme Court of Ohio NO LATER THAN Monday, November 3 if you plan to take the Ohio February Bar Exam. You may find the amendment form at: http://www.uakron.edu/dotAsset/7b0bd928-54f6-4633-978c-5b57b5d37104.pdf.
Also, please check the Supreme Court of Ohio website for additional information regarding payment due, etc.: http://www.supremecourt.ohio.gov/AttySvcs/admissions/Bar_Exam/default.asp.
Character Certificates will be ready for pick up at the receptionist desk in the Law Dean’s Office on Monday, October 20. This will include any updates to Character and Fitness you have submitted to us by October 15.
The Bar Review Course Fellowship amount has changed to 100% of your out of pocket expenses up to a maximum of $2,250 (the reimbursement does not include reimbursable deposits). We will begin processing reimbursements weekly after your exit interview with Career Planning and Placement Director, Alisa Benedict-O’Brien.
Candidates who successfully complete their degree requirements in time to graduate will have a degree conferral date of January 10, 2015. Diplomas will be available for pick up beginning January 12, 2015, and they will be mailed on January 19 if they have not been picked up. Please remember that a photo ID is required for pick up. Also, please update your address in ‘My Akron’ or submit your address to me to assure we mail your degree to the appropriate location.
We know you are very busy, and we appreciate your cooperation with getting items to us by the dates we request. This is the only way we can be sure to complete our part in a timely manner to best serve you. If you have any questions, please contact Ivy Banks at firstname.lastname@example.org or Mary Cooke at email@example.com. Thank you!
Adjunct Professor Kimberly McGraw, who has taught Biotech Patents at the University of Akron School of Law for several years, has been named to one of the newly created positions of Administrative Patent Judge at the US Patent and Trademark Office. We wish her the best. Unfortunately, her new duties will prevent her from teaching Biotech Patents. When she advised us of her appointment, she offered to recommend other potential teachers. We are pursuing that recommendation and will reinstitute the course if at all possible.
As promised in the first advising session for next semester, the Spring 2015 Elective Course Descriptions can be found at: http://www.uakron.edu/law/curriculum/registration.dot. They are organized by subject area to make it easier for you to identify the courses that might be of particular interest to you.
Just a reminder about the following download deadlines:
ALA with Professor Reeves: Ends 5/10/14
All other exams: 4/28/14
Here are some things to remember with the software:
- There are a default of 10 questions on every Examsoft exam file that you download.
- Do not leave the room after your exam until you receive the screen that has the green check mark congratulating you on a successful upload.
- Be sure to have your computer’s power plugged in.
- PC users will not have to input their student ID when starting an exam. However Mac users will.
- Show up to your exam at least 15 minutes early.
If you have any questions, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org.