We had to update the Law 1 student printer on Monday September 26th. Anyone who has it installed will have to reinstall again. Below are instructions on reinstalling the printer.
- You must be connected to rootown or Roo-Secure
- Go to http://uauniprint2.uanet.edu/uniprint
- Click on the “Packages”tab
- Click on the particular printer that you want to install
- If prompted, click on “Run”
- If prompted, click on “Yes” to allow the program to make changes on your computer.
- Click on the Install button. Installation may take a couple of minutes
- Once the installation is finished, click on the finish button.
- Your print job will show up at the release station.
- Open System Preferences
- Open Print & Fax
- Click on the + (plus) sign to add a new printer
- At the top of this dialog be sure IP Printer is selected and then apply the following settings:
Protocol: Line Printer Daemon – LPD
Queue: NAME OF PRINTER YOU WISH TO ADD (look below for name)
Name: SOMETHING DESCRIPTIVE
Location: SOMTHING DESCRIPTIVE
Print Using: Select Printer Software Be sure to select the appropriate printer driver for the printer you are connecting to.
- Law 1 uses the Generic PostScript Printer Click AddWhen you go to retrieve your print job, you will swipe your ZipCard and find your print job listed as the “short name” on your local account.
Pay to Print Queue Names in The School of Law
Printer 1 Queue Name = PPSavinSP8300dnLaw1
At this time Examsoft does not officially support MacOS 10.12 Sierra. If you have the OS installed, they will not allow you to download your exam software. Please hold off on the update until it is officially supported. If you have any questions, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org.
I just wanted to give everyone an update on our locations and hours. Our desk at the law school will remain where we are presently located on the second floor of the old law library. When the suite opens up downstairs, our room number will be 130. Our new service window will be where the faculty/staff lounge used to be. Our secondary location will be in Central Hower in room 301. Below are our hours for the two locations which are subject to change due to student availability.
Monday – Thursday 8:00am – 10:00pm
Friday: 8:00am – 5:00pm
Monday: 11:00am – 1:00pm and 2:30pm-7:00pm
Tuesday: 9:00am – 10:30am and 3:30pm – 7:00pm
Wednesday: 11:00am – 1:00pm and 2:30pm-7:00pm
Thursday: 9:00am – 10:30am, 1:00pm – 3:00pm, and 3:30pm – 7:00 pm
Friday: 11:00am – 5:00pm
We will still have the same telephone number (x5119) and the same email address (email@example.com).
The download period for exams is well under way. If you have not downloaded SofTest and your exams, please do so as soon as possible. This will give us more time to fix problems that may arise. Also below are a few things to remember about Examsoft.
- Most professors have a default of 10 questions on every Examsoft exam file that you download. That means you could potentially have blank questions when you submit the exam or not have enough questions in the software. If the latter is the case, then most professors ask students to just specify the number of the question within the answer.
- Do not leave the room after your exam until you receive the screen that has the green check mark congratulating you on a successful upload.
- Be sure to have your computer’s power plugged in.
- Show up to your exam at 15 minutes early and immediately get into the software.
If you have any questions, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org or stop by our office. Thanks and good luck with exams!!
In preparation for the start of building renovations, we will be moving the Law 1 printer that is currently in the lounge up outside room 301 where Law 4 presently is. We will be retiring the Law 4 print station permanently. If you are currently setup to print to Law 1, there is nothing you need to do other than pickup your prints at the new location. If you have any questions, please contact email@example.com