Gabriel Cheong with Infinity Law Group LLC has announced a new scholarship for law students of Asian heritage. The $1,000 scholarship will be awarded in January, 2015 and is intended to encourage more Asian Americans to consider law as a career option.
The Asian Heritage Law Scholarship is open to any student who will be attending law school this spring. Candidates are asked to write a short essay describing how their background and experiences in the Asian American community influenced their choice to go to law school and how they plan to use their law degree.
ELIGIBILITY: Applicants must meet the following criteria:
- Recipient is a U.S. citizen or otherwise authorized to work in the United States
- Recipient is accepted, and will be attending their first year of law school in the fall of the same year following the application
- Academic achievement as reflected by an undergraduate cumulative minimum 3.0 GPA
- Recipient must be of Asian heritage with at least one parent of Asian ancestry
REQUIREMENTS: Applicants must submit the following by January 12, 2015:
- A completed Scholarship Application Form
- One to three (1-3) page typed essay
- An official and complete copy of undergraduate college transcripts
- A copy of an acceptance letter from an accredited law school within the United States
- Proof of legal residency in the U.S. (i.e., birth certificate, passport, permanent resident card, etc.)
- Infinity Law Group Scholarship is to be used exclusively for law school tuition and related expenses.
- A check for $1,000 will be made payable to the award recipient’s law school to cover these expenses.
- Recipient is expected to submit receipts in accordance with IRS regulations.
- Infinity Law Group Scholarship award recipient will be notified of the selection on or about February 1, 2015.
DEADLINE: Completed applications must be submitted no later than January 12, 2015. Application materials should be mailed (or e-mailed in PDF format) to:
Infinity Law Group
One Adams Place
859 Willard St. Ste. 400
Quincy, MA 02169