Second Annual Law Student Diversity Scholarship
The Buckfire & Buckfire, P.C. Law Student Diversity Scholarship (http://www.buckfirelaw.com) in the amount of $2,000.00 will be awarded to a student who is currently attending an accredited law school, who is either a member of an ethnic, racial, or other minority or demonstrates the commitment to issues of diversity within their academic career. The second annual award will be awarded in 2015.
- Recipient is a member of an ethnic, racial, or other minority or any individual who demostrates a defined commitment to issues of diversity within their academic career.
- Recipient is a U.S. citizen currently attending an accredited law school within the United States.
- Academic achievement as reflected by a minimum 3.0 GPA and have completed at least one semester of classes at an accredited medical school.
The 2015 Law Student Diversity Scholarship will be awarded on June 15, 2015 and the deadline for entries is May 31, 2015.Read More
Suhre & Associates, a Columbus law firm, has announced a scholarship opportunity for students attending college in Ohio and is giving special consideration to law school students who are actively pursuing a law degree.
Requirements for the Suhre & Associates Law Firm Scholarship
Made possible by donations from the Columbus DUI Attorneys at The Law Office of Suhre & Associates.
- This scholarship is judged primarily on need basis, but does not exclude achievement standards.
- The scholarship must be submitted, in full, by May 31, 2015. LATE APPLICATIONS WILL NOT BE CONSIDERED.
- INCOMPLETE APPLICATIONS WILL NOT BE CONSIDERED.
- Applications for scholarship can be submitted by student enrolled in a college/university in the state of Ohio.
- You must be seeking a future career in law.
- A student aid report showing income status of your household must be attached for application to be considered.
- Must have a minimum G.P.A. of 3.0.
- A transcript must be attached with counselor or school representative signature for application to be considered.
- This scholarship is a one time scholarship worth $500.
- Although not required, applicants are encouraged to submit recommendation letters and/or resumes to substantiate their application.
Application may be found at: http://suhrelawcolumbus.com/scholarship-application/
Description: The Family Law Offices of Yanez & Associates is pleased to announce their annual essay scholarships. The essay contest is open to all current law students and prospective law students awaiting admission. There will be two winners. First place: $2,000.00 and second place: $1,000.00. The goal of the scholarship is to motivate students to pursue a career in family law.
For details on how to submit your essay, terms and conditions, please visit The Family Law Offices of Yanexz & Associates website at http://www.cafamilydivorcelawyer.com/scholarship/essay-contest/
Deadline: August 31 (annually), Winners are selected by September 15.
The Richard Linn American Inn of Court is proud to offer the Mark T. Banner Scholarship. This scholarship is part of The Richard Linn American Inn of Court’s commitment to fostering the development of intellectual property lawyers of high ethics, civility and professionalism, and especially those from diverse backgrounds.
Law students who have entered into a JD program at an ABA-accredited law school in the United States and who will continue in that program through the Fall semester 2015 are eligible to apply for the Mark T. Banner Scholarship.
Scholarship recipients will be selected by the Mark T. Banner Scholarship review board based on the following criteria:
Commitment to the pursuit of a career in IP law. An ability to demonstrate commitment to the pursuit of a career in IP law is an essential requirement.
Commitment, qualities and actions toward ethics, civility and professionalism.
Academic merit (undergraduate, graduate and law school).
Written and oral communication skills determined in part through a telephone interview for finalists.
Leadership qualities and community involvement.
Member of a historically under represented group in IP law (including race, sex, ethnicity, sexual orientation and disability). The application should discuss how diversity has impacted his or her pursuit of a career in IP law and how the applicant has faced and overcome the challenges associated therewith. Diversity is considered, but is one element among several in the award decision.
The recipient of the Mark T. Banner Scholarship will receive $5,000 payable for his or her Fall 2015 semester of law school.
Applications will be accepted from now through November 12, 2014. The winner will be notified by April 2015 and the award will be announced at the Linn Inn of Court’s annual dinner in Summer of 2015. Applicants should submit the following documents as a single PDF format file for consideration:
Completed Mark T. Banner Scholarship Application Form: Mark T Banner Scholarship Application Form
Academic transcripts (law school, undergraduate/graduate school)
Three-page statement describing (a) how ethics, civility and professionalism have been a focus of the candidate; (b) how diversity has impacted the candidate; and (c) the candidate’s commitment to the pursuit of a career in IP law
Contact information for three references
Finalists for the scholarship will be interviewed in the Spring of 2015.
Banner & Witcoff is proud to offer the Donald W. Banner Diversity Scholarship for law students. This scholarship is part of Banner & Witcoff’s commitment to fostering the development of intellectual property lawyers from diverse backgrounds. Law students who meet the selection criteria and have entered into a JD program at an ABA-accredited law school in the United States are eligible to apply for the scholarship. Applicants may not be a current or past employee of Banner & Witcoff, or directly related to a current employee of Banner & Witcoff.
2015 Scholarship Materials
The application materials for the 2015 Donald W. Banner Diversity Scholarship for law students are now available for download at 2015 DWBS Application.
Completed application materials are due January 12, 2015 and scholarship winners will be announced in May 2015.Read More