Bar Exam Basics – a Series of Workshops
College of Arts and Sciences Room 136 (for this workshop)
College of Arts and Sciences Room 144 (for the last three workshops)
Each workshop is offered at 1:30 and 5:30, with the exception of the Half-Day Hangout
Wednesday, June 15, PM- Organizing Your MPT
The concept of an MPT is easy – you are provided all of the materials, and don’t need to remember anything other than how to write like a lawyer. The execution – not so easy. The outlining technique taught in this workshop allows you to organize and write your essay in the 90 minute time frame. [Similar to any ALA class, updated to include less formal outline techniques & case summaries]
- Food & informal Q&A starts at 1:00 for the 1:30 workshop and 5:30 for the 6:00 PM workshop
- Sign up here so I make sure to bring enough food!
The rest of the Workshop Series + the Half-Day Hangout
- Tuesday, June 21 – MBE Strategies and Tactics (CSA 144)
- Monday, June 27 – Making up the Rules (CSA 144)
- Tuesday, July 5 – MPT Exam Simulation (CSA 144)
- Saturday, July 16, 12:00 – 5:00 PM: Half-day Hangout (Law school)
Not quite an alumni but want a head start?
If you are nearly ready to take the bar exam (graduating in December or next May) and just want an early start, feel free to come join the fun (and food)! For the essay workshop, bring any multi-issue hypothetical you have written for any subject (response and preferably the prompt as well) – or try your hand at writing an actual Ohio essay and bring it (you can find tons at the bottom drop-down box here)
Questions? Contact Nancy Reeves, Director of Academic Success, at firstname.lastname@example.org