As final exams approach, you may be missing your favorite ASP Resources.
You’re likely in luck! Many of your favorite resources are available online. Wander on over to the new virtual Academic Success office on BrightSpace (All students are enrolled – if you can’t access it send me an email.
Once you’re there, go to Course Materials>Content>I need my favorite book – where do I find it?
There are labeled pictures of the ASP walls, lists of resources by type (essay, narrative, etc), and an alphabetical list of the series available. In addition, in the sme module: “How do I get into the database where my resource is located” includes directions on how to access each of the three databases.
Extended Bar Prep Session today (Wednesday) at 5 PM. It’s never too soon to start practicing for the bar exam! We’re working on a corporations essay today.
Send me an email for the link (firstname.lastname@example.org) or join via the calendar event in the Academic Success Programs page on BrightSpace.
You are invited to join the extended bar prep study session at 10:30 on Saturday via Zoom.
Sessions happen Wednesdays at 5 PM and Saturdays at 10:30 PM. We’ll work our way thorugh an essay from a prior multistate essay exam (MEE – one component of the Uniform Bar Exam).
It’s never too early to start studying for the bar exam, and generally working your way through the structure of bar exam essays is helpful in writing exams in law school courses.
If you’d like to join, send me an email and I’ll send you the Zoom invitation. (ALA students and Extended Bar Review students will automatically receive an invitation)
Assistant Dean Nancy Reeves – email@example.com
- Extended bar prep Friday 5 PM – 7 PM – Corporations – 325
- Reminder: No Saturday Session this week; back to our normal Wednesday/Saturday times next week
- Bonus (for people studying for the February bar exam): Passing the Bar- Trivia night – 7 PM – 10 PM – Akron Law Library (or some other fun place – TBD by the group that shows up.)
You’re invited to the Akron Bar Prep kick-off today (Monday, December 16) in L-280.
- Food! (some vegan & gluten free)
- How do I use this crazy mix of stuff BARBRI just sent me? (Or – if I am working without a vendor – what are my options?)
- BARBRI? Huh? I’m about to graduate and I missed how to get my stuff!
- What do I need to do to pass the bar exam? (BARBRI has data on about 67,000 examinees – we’ll go over that data so you hear from someone other than me what it takes)
- What support does Akron offer over the next 10 weeks?
- What if I’m waiting until July to take the bar exam – what can I do now to be better prepared?
This will be most useful for people taking the February bar exam, but we’ll cover long term planning for people who are taking the bar exam in July as well.
Extended Bar Prep Sessions (weekly group essay wrangling)
- Tuesday 5-7 PM – Civil Procedure (325)
- Saturday 10:30 – 12:30 (325)