Academic Success Programs is offering two MBE (multiple choice) practice sessions to help you refresh your multiple choice skills and shake a bit of the dust that’s collected on your 1L subjects off before you take the Baby Bar this week.
- Tuesday, April 23, from 5PM – 6PM in Room 160
- Thursday, April 25, from 5 PM – 6 PM in Room 160
Assistant Director Armstrong will walk through BARBRI questions chosen from the subjects that will be tested on the Baby Bar, using BARBRI’s systemic problem solving method.
Question? Drop by ASP!
Get a jump start on preparing for the bar exam!
Extended Bar Prep Study Group meetings/essays this week:
- Monday 6:30 – 8:30 PM – Secured Transactions
- Tuesday 10:30 AM – 12:30 PM – BBA
- Saturday 10:30 AM – 12:30 PM – Ohio Civil Procedure
- Saturday afternoon (new group meeting in Cleveland) – time and subject will be announced later this week
All groups, except the new Saturday group, meet in Room 135. The sessions are a good opportunity to learn Ohio essay skills – and to refresh/start learning the subjects before you’re in the middle of bar preparation.
The study groups are designed for students taking the bar exam this summer – but anyone who plans to take a bar exam in the future is welcome! It’s never too soon to start preparing for the bar exam.
Extended Bar Prep this week – all sessions in 325
- Monday Evening 6:30 – 8:30 – Criminal Law
- Tuesday Morning 10:30 – 12:30 – TBD
- Saturday Morning 10:30 – 12:30 – Secured Transactions
If you missed Secured Transactions, Saturday is a good opportunity to become familiar with the concepts before the formal start of bar prep. Monday is a good opportunity to start learning Ohio-specific criminal law for the bar exam.
Questions? Assistant Dean Nancy Reeves – firstname.lastname@example.org
Drop in to one of the study group sessions to get a head start studying for the bar exam!
- All sessions held in 325
- Saturday 3/30 – 10:30 AM to 12:30 PM – Criminal Procedure (ACJ)
- Monday 4/1 – 6:30 – 8:30 PM – TBD
- Tuesday 4/2 10:30 AM – 12:30 PM – Corporations
The study sessions are especially helpful if the essay is on a subject you skipped in law school, if you’re not taking ALA, or if you’re struggling to get the essay structure down.
Bar prep study groups will meet over spring break. Take advantage of the week without classes to get a head start preparing for the bar exam.
- Saturday 3/23 – 10:30 to 12:30 – Commercial paper (Payment Systems)
- Monday 3/25 – 6:30 – 8:30 – Wills
- Tuesday 10:30 – 12:30 – TBD
- Saturday 3/31 10:30 to 12:30 – TBD
All sessions meet in L-325.
No advance preparation required. If you are planning to take the bar exam at some point in the future you welcome to attend, although it will probably be most useful if you are in your last last couple of semesters.
If you’ve already received your bar prep outlines, bring the Ohio outline for Saturday or Monday. (If you haven’t received your materials yet – or if you are a semester or two away from graduating, I’ve got a few extra outlines you can borrow for the session.)