- Monday, July 10 – MPT Exam Simulation: Every year, a few foolhardy souls never get around to writing any MPT essays until the morning of the first day of the bar exam. That doesn’t usually end well. Take advantage of the opportunity to write an MPT essay under exam conditions. (I will select an essay that is not used by any vendor this year, and was not used in ALA in 2016-17.) I will have a sample answer, the formal point sheet, and you are free to submit it for feedback.
- 1:00 PM – 2:30 PM
- 6:00 PM – 7:30 PM
- Light meal and casual conversation starting 30 minutes ahead of each simulation.
- Please sign up here so I know how much food to order.
- Making up the Rules: Date TBD: I’ve had a couple of requests to repeat the Making up the Rules Workshop. I’ll come up with a new set of snippets from prompts and run it again. (With any luck, the Supreme Court will actually release the prompts from February 2017 and I can use some of those!) Since the snippets will be new, the workshop won’t just be a repeat of the prior one, so if it was helpful you have another opportunity for practice. Vote here for the workshop date – I’ll pick the one that is convenient for as many of you as I can.
- Saturday, July 15, 12:00 – 5:00 PM: Half-day Hangout: Drop in for a meal, or two. I’ll have homemade food (sloppy joes, multiple varieties of hummus & veggies, and freshly baked bread), an informal repeat of any workshops you missed, a chance to ask whatever you haven’t gotten around to asking. I’ll time essays, MPTs, or MBE sets. Whatever (within reason) will help you make it through this final stretch. Feel free to drop in and grab food, even if you don’t feel the need for any specific assistance.
If plan to take a bar exam someday – even if you aren’t taking one in a few weeks, feel free to drop in to ask questions about the bar exam (Which courses should you take to best prepare for the bar exam – whichever bar exam you’re taking? Is it true that Payment Systems and Secured Transactions are so similar that you only need to take one of them? What is preparing for the bar exam really like? What difference does it make which bar vendor you choose?)
“Early Start” Bar Study Group (Essay Writes)
Friday, July 7 @ 2 PM: Professor Dowling will provide a brief overview of the the material you need to answer a previous Ohio Civil Procedure bar question; Chris Crull will act as scrivener/friendly nudge.
Sunday, July 9 @ 6:30 PM: I’ll be back and we’ll write a remedies essay (e.g. property, contracts, or torts – focusing on remedies). This session will be available by WebEx and we’ll try using Google Docs so folks attending remotely can actively participate
Wednesday, July 12 @ 2 PM: Professor Cravens will provide a brief overview of the material you need to answer the Professional Responsiblity question from the February 2001 bar exam, Question 11. This session will be available by WebEx and we’ll try using Google Docs so folks attending remotely can actively participate.