The first of 5 bar prep workshops will be held this week!
- Essay Structure Workshop: Tuesday, June 5: 1:30 PM – L-201 or Wednesday, June 6: 5:30 PM – L-202
Graders spend an average of 2-3 minutes reading each of your essays. Those 2-3 minutes will determine whether you will earn a license to practice law. Learn to make your essay grader-friendly so that those minutes count!
- [Note: ALA alumni are absolutely welcome to join this session for a refresher, but it is very similar to the introduction to essay writing in ALA.]
- Food & informal Q&A starts at 1:00/6:00; the workshop starts at 1:30/6:30 PM and will last no more than an hour and a half.
- Please bring your computer (if you expect to take the exam using a computer), an electronic version of any essay you have written, OR 2 paper copies of your essay and multiple highlighters of different colors)
- All workshops available by webex: https://uakron.webex.com/join/nlr22
- Sign up here so I make sure to bring enough food!
(Note: If you were unable to sign up for ALA in the fall, due to schedule conflicts, but wanted to build an equivalent experience – this is one of the places to start!)
Remainder of the workshops (all Tuesday afternoon/Wednesday evening EXCEPT the second)
- Wednesday, June 13 (both afternoon and evening) – MPT Organizing Strategies
- Tuesday, June 19/Wednesday, June 20 – Making up the Rules
- Tuesday, June 26/Wednesday June 27 – MBE Strategies and Tactics:
- Tuesday, July 10/Wednesday, July 11 – MPT Exam Simulation
- Saturday, July 14, 12:00 – 5:00 PM: Half-day Hangout (Not a workshop – but Saturday may turn into a marathon issue spotting session)