We’re delighted that ASP library resources are so well used!
But it’s time for a few reminders so that everyone has a fair chance to use the resources:
- When you take a book/flash cards/CD out of the ASP Resource Library, please sign the sign-out sheet on the table.
- If you’re just using the books around the building, remember to bring them back the same day (and reshelve it). During reading week, please bring them back as soon as you’re no longer using them – the recommended time during reading week is 4 hours. Please don’t be piggy and take more than you/your study group can actively use at one time.
- If you’re taking resources home, please formally check them out through the library or with Dean Reeves. If neither are available, use your cell phone to take a photo of the Akron Law bar code and email it from your zips address to illll.uakron.edu. During reading week, the check-out period is 1 day.
There are some things that seem to have been missing from the shelves longer than they should be That means they aren’t available for you to use – and we may not be able to replace them. If materials are in your possession that shouldn’t be – please return them!
Extended Bar prep this week – L-325:
- Wednesday 2-4 (Ohio Bar Exam July 2008 Q 8 – Indorser/guarator liability)
- Wednesday 6:30 – 8:30 (same as the afternoon session)
- Saturday 10:30 – 12:30 (Ohio Bar Exam February 2015 Q 8 – warranties & defenses)
This week’s topic is Commercial Paper (Payment Systems). If you’re taking the Ohio Bar exam before July 2020 and didn’t get a chance to take Payment Systems – or it just didn’t gel – drop by this week and join us!
Two sessions of bar prep workshops this week:
Wednesday 2:00 PM – Payment Systems
Wednesday 6:30 – Property (mortgages or LL-Tenant)
(I have a prior commitment on Saturday, all day, but if there is enough interest I we could do a Sunday morning, or Sunday afternoon session instead)
If you haven’t taken payment systems – Wednesday afternoon is a good chance to dip your toes in the water.
The bar exam often emphasizes different things than law school does. Mortgages and Landlord Tenant issues are frequently tested on the Ohio bar exam (and on the MBE). We’ll cover one or the other – or both – this week on Wednesday evening/Saturday morning.
Extended Bar Prep this week:
All sessions held in L-325
- Wednesday: 2:00 – 4:00 – Wills
- Wednesday 6:30 – 8:30 – Professional Responsibility
- Saturday 10:30 – 12:30 – Professional Responsiblity (We may have to end early – there’s a tournament scheduled in the room at noon. We’ll talk when we get there)
All welcome! If you haven’t had a chance to write a professional responsiblity essay and you’re taking the Ohio bar exam (i.e. before July 2020) you will have a professional responsibility essay on the bar exam.
We’ll write the February 2007, Question 6 Evidence -Hearsay essay on Saturday from 10:30 – 12:30 in L-325.
Evidence is both a multiple choice and essay question on the bar exam. If you haven’t had a chance to write an evidence essay – now’s your chance!
The topic is Professional Responsibilty.
We’ll have three groups next week.
- Wednesday 2:00 PM (Room TBD. This group may tackle a subject other than Professional Responsibility. If you’re one of the folks who plans to attend, let me know if you have suggestions)
- Wednesday 6:30 PM
- Saturday 10:30 – 12:30 PM