DLT / Contact Us

The Directional Leadership Team

Alia Baig
Student Body President

Hello! My name is Alia Baig and I serve as the President of Undergraduate Student Government. I am a senior majoring in Philosophy, have a minor in Spanish and am on the pre-law track. As USG President, I manage the three committees of the Executive Branch which are the Campus Dining Experience Committee, Diversity Committee, and the Mental Health Task Force. Additionally, I am a member of Faculty Senate, University Council Executive Committee, and the Institutional Advancement Committee. The work I do in USG is centered around the YouAkron platform that myself and Vice President Cam Feezel developed. We are pushing forward projects and initiatives aligned with YouAkron to ensure that all UA students have an amazing experience.

Cam Feezel
Student Body Vice President

Hey Zips! My name is Cam Feezel, and I am a junior majoring in Financial Management. I am the Vice President in Undergraduate Student Government, I am also serving as a representative on the University Council, Faculty Senate, and the UC Student Engagement and Success Committee. I am passionate about improving the student experience through the YouAkron platform and developing an environment around USG that welcomes all student voices. Outside of USG, I am also the Treasurer of UA Investment Club and I work in the College of Business as a Student Software Developer.

Lily Coss
Chief of Staff

Hi Zips! I'm Lily Coss, a senior in Mechanical Engineering and the USG Chief of Staff. I previously served as an Executive Project Manager in USG last year and am excited to work in the organization and represent UA’s student body again this year. Also at UA, I am involved in Tau Beta Pi (an engineering honorary) as the President and serve as Secretary for Engineering Student Council. Outside of the University of Akron, I am involved in an organization called National Association of Engineering Student Councils, serving as the Executive Vice President. I really love being involved on-campus and am super excited for the coming year! After graduation, I will be joining the Operations Management Development Program (OMDP) with GE HealthCare focusing on supply chain and continuous improvement in manufacturing.

Lydia Lungu
Director of Finance

Hi! My name is Lydia Lungu, and I am a junior here at UA studying Supply Chain/Operations Management with a minor in International Business, on the Pre-Law track. This is my 2nd year in USG, and I currently serve as the Director of Finance for USG and sit on the Budget and Finance Committee for the University Council. I am also a member of the Directional Leadership Team of USG. On campus, I am an editor and writer for the University paper, the Buchtelite. I am also a member of Pre-Law Society and Campus Focus. Outside of school, I work as a law clerk for an Akron-based private practice attorney. I love reading, traveling and exploring new places, hiking, and spending time with friends. Feel free to reach out to me about all things finance, or anything about UA life in general! Go Zips! 

Ashley Cosgrave
Senate Chair

Hi Zips! My name is Ashley Cosgrave and I will be serving as Senate Chair. I am a 3rd year Biomedical Science major with a Spanish minor. This will be my second year in USG after joining as a Senator At-Large. My passion projects last year included improving the dining experience for all students on campus, expanding diversity and inclusivity efforts within the university, and on campus sustainability efforts. I hope to continue pursuing projects in these fields this year in addition to aiding senators with their personal projects. Outside of USG, I’m a Williams Honors College student and I had the pleasure of being an Oelschlager Summer Leadership Institute mentor. I enjoy staying updated with the news, taking care of my plants, and reading outside on campus. My duty is to be the voice of undergraduate students, so please reach out to me and speak your mind! 

Grace DeWitt
Vice Senate Chair
Malaki Fleming
Chief Justice

Hi Zips! My name is Malaki Fleming, and I have the honor of representing the Undergraduate student body as the Chief Justice of the Judicial Branch. Within USG, while also serving on the Judicial Branch, I am a member of the Physical Facilities University Committee and the Campus Dining Experience (CDE) committee. I am a fourth-year student pursuing a Bachelor's in Middle Childhood Education with a focus on English Language Arts and Social Studies. Outside of USG, I also serve as the Undergraduate Fellow for the H.K. Barker Center located on the fourth floor of Zook. While I am extensively involved across campus, representing students in USG is one of my favorite roles and avenues for advocacy. Please don't hesitate to say hi if you see me around campus, and feel free to email me if you ever want more information about USG or have any concerns or questions.

Emma Barna
Executive Justice

Hello! My name is Emma Barna, and I am a second year biomedical engineering major with a minor in Spanish. I am currently serving USG as the Executive Justice of the Judicial Branch. Besides my involvement with USG, I am a manager at Dairy Queen (big ice cream fan). Additionally, I am starting to work in a BME research lab on campus.

Brandon Alexander M.A. Ed.
Advisor

Director, Student Union and Conference & Events Services

Undergraduate Student Government Advisor

330-972-5492